Monday, December 11, 2017

Rosebush Opinions Please!

Hey guys,

So I've spent some time working on that rosebush trellis.  And while I was making it I had in mind to put it here.


But, it's so pretty I'm not sure if I should put it on the front of the house.


I feel like putting it there sort of unbalances the front of the house.

Feedback, opinions, great thoughts (I'm not picky). Please!

As you can see my dirt is going in.  A few more quick flowers to start sprouting, some more dirt and scattered mulch and then I'll be ready for pictures.  I hope!

My progress almost came stuttering to a halt with some really bad food poisoning/stomach flu... Came home early and with medicine and lying down didn't really lose any time.  Two and a half hours of recovery pretty much put me starting at the time I'd normally get home anyway.

Stomach still feels awful but at least I can walk around and the pain in my kidneys is fading.

Poor Cap'n Jack.  He couldn't figure out why he wasn't allowed to stomp on my stomach when I was lying down.

But, back on track, and functioning so I'll take what I can get.

Once again, Help!

Update:

Keli pointed out that you guys couldn't see the whole front to properly judge so here's another quick picture.


Does it look unbalanced?

22 comments:

  1. Sorry about your tummy! We need broader pictures. show us the whole side of the house and the whole front of the house and then we can help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's tender but at least I can walk.

      Put up another of the front of the house. Hopefully that'll help!

      Delete
  2. I mean the whole front of the house, you've already shown us the whole side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! For my two cents, I'd put it on the side, but on the other side of the window. It's looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, it would fill up that blank space wouldn't it.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I agree with putting it on the side but on the other side of the window. If you added some small bushes or other plants under the window, then it might balance it out on the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning more plants for the front, keeping in mind a Texas spring which has all the perennials starting to bloom and the front lawn looking awful with downed branches and bare patches.

      Delete
  5. I'm in agreeement, the side but on the other side of the window. :) It's nearly finished! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others: the side but on then other side of the window, that's the best place for the rosebush!
    I hope you'll feel better soon, Sheila!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Doctor today if these symptoms don't stop.

      Delete
  7. I concur, the side, but other side of the window. On the front it looks too crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree too. Hope you're feeling well again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the other side of the window.
    Take care and get well again!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm about ready for the doctor if I get feverish again.

      Delete
  10. Estoy de acuerdo con las demás compañeras, al otro lado de la ventana se ve más espacio , donde lo has puesto sale el extremo. Espero que te mejores.Besos:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you poor thing! Something else always gets thrown on top of you when you're already facing the pressure of a deadline. Hope you're back up to speed quick!

    Oh, and before I even read everyone's comments I was thinking side beyond the window too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure by this point that I'll live if my back finally stops spasming...lord knows what brought that on.

      Thanks! LOL I gave you two choices people! Of course everyone picks the option I hadn't considered.

      Working on a way to put the trellis there now.

      Delete
  12. Hi Sheila, I hope you feel better soon! I agree with all the others and I look forward to seeing the rest of the plants you are adding. Be easy on yourself... stress always makes things worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pain comes and goes so I'm heading for the doctor tomorrow.

      Delete
  13. It's just going to ask how you were feeling. Good luck at the doctor's today, I hope he makes you feel all better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping some antibiotics will clear this up

      Delete