Sunday, December 10, 2017

Flowers & Landscaping & Other Details

So a while back I got a few comments about how sunflowers or black eyed susans would look great on the little island in the turquoise vase.

I looked up a lot of tutorials on my breaks at work and this weekend in between other things I worked on flowers.


I also made a trellis last week and forgot to show you guys pictures.


I'd wanted to make a Clementis vine but my flower punches weren't large enough.  So I went with a couple of rose bushes instead.  Down here they bloom in early spring along with a lot of other stuff.  Your lawn will look awful for a while but the flowerbeds will be stunning.

Here are some of my roses:



 And my rose bushes on the trellis:


I'll need to figure out a way to conceal the base but still make it removable so the Building Inspector doesn't remove the roses one by one.

I got a few little things made for the entryway



I got my matches box and it came with some awesome matches for the fireplace. (Or for lighting the pilot of the gas stove if you have an old one.)


The bedside bureau/nightstand is set up with the needed alarm clock and a few little odds and ends.


A nice bundle of firewood for the fireplace now that we have matches.


A candy dish for the side table and some candy to go in it.


I have to glue the gumdrops in and so they're sitting in a little plastic tray waiting their turn.  You can sort of see them in this picture.


The last thing I worked on was gluing the house to the base which finally arrived and then getting things set up so my grass would look like a Texas lawn in spring.  I also had to make a pathway to the porch.

So far I need to add dirt and glue a couple corners down a bit more firmly.  Then I'll add a few bushes and hopefully the rose bush trellis and maybe some more flowers if I get the time to make them this week.


I glued some balsa down to make a bit of a slope down from the house and the dirt will go on top of it and then some mulch with it.  I've got a few little round bushes to put along the side of the house too.

Almost done though.






21 comments:

  1. All the little stuff makes your house look comfortably lived in. Splendid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sheila, you've done alot of work and after adding so many new miniatures the house looks even more cosy and very life-like now!! You've solved the issues of the garden very well, I like how the grass turned out! Regarding the rosebush: maybe you can make some tiny hooks of thin metal wire, which can be glued into the wall of the house. This way you can take off the bush from its place without damaging..?
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking of some sticky putty or maybe a little magnet if I can find one to hold the trellis in place.

      Delete
  3. The trellis are great looking, and all the other things too, the match box is awesome, and so is the alarm clock :-).
    The grass turned out great too!!! It is very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty relieved about the grass once it got in it looked better.

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful and add a nice touch of color. A also like your trellis. The house look like a comfortable home to live in.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm mostly relieved to have it almost done.

      Delete
  5. Lots of nice new details - the trellis and rose bush look great - I doubt the building inspector will give you any problems! I like your matches too. It's coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hmm...the building inspector (aka Tali the calico) has the tendency to play with anything exposed. Part of why I was so thrilled with an enclosed house.

      Delete
  6. Fantásticos los avances , todos esos pequeños detalles son geniales, como los e la entrada. Feliz semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It is all coming together in such a lovely way! Seeing all the elements together I'm really getting a sense of your vision for the project and I love it! The wood tone and colors play really nice off each other and I bet the submission photos will be stunning! I can definitely see it on the catalog cover!
    The grass and flowers are looking great too! I also love the color and texture on the tableware! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love the tableware!

      I've got a few finishing touches for the loft area but nearly done there too

      Delete
  8. A Very Relaxing Environment Sheila :D
    I love the extra details that you have infused the house with, i.e. you matches and the man's wristwatch on the bedside table.
    The trellis is ideal for softening the lines of the Craftsman house and will look lovely against it.
    Looking forward to seeing your HBS project when it's fully completed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping it reads like the home of someone who likes to spend her money on experiences rather than things.

      Delete
  9. It’s looking great Sheila! And the lawn too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm fussing with some last minute things but I think I'll be done in time.

      Delete
  10. Such a cozy cottage! I love your details. It's all coming together splendidly. :D

    ReplyDelete