Sunday, October 8, 2017

Lots of Little Things & the Chimney

Oh! And the lamp which suffered from sudden Cat! syndrome and broke has been repaired.  Seriously, these lamps have lived with us more than sixteen years and my husband actually likes them so I really had to repair the one that Tali and/or Miho broke.

The glue is drying but that I managed to find all the pieces and glue it together is a triumph in and of itself.

So that was my Real Life 1:1 scale drama.  After I post this I need to clean everything off of the bathroom counter that I won't need for tomorrow morning.  Which is frustrating because it's a lot of stuff that I need in the morning.  But somehow I'll manage.

On to the fun stuff.  Minis!

I decided to bite the bullet and put the stone on the chimney.  So that's all done and the glue is drying.  I'm working on making the chimney cap and I've been reading about flashing too so I have high hopes of making it look authentic.


Once I get all of that figured out and done I can start to add the shingles.  I found the extras I had but they're hexagon shingles so I probably need to go buy some more.

I started to mess around with decorating, at least a bit, trying different things out on the built ins and the mantle.  I need some art to go on the chimney bump out I think.






I took a picture from the small window just inside the entrance so I could see how the bench and fireplace built ins looked before I started adding accessories.


I've also added the kick plate to the kitchen cabinets as well as some wine bottles, canisters and a nice little bread box.




I had purchased some of Jodi's dinnerware from Shapeways and decided to try an ombre look.  I have mixed feelings about how they turned out.


I only painted two place settings so if I really hate how they turn out I can do something else with the rest of the dinnerware.

The last thing I did was try out a couple of rugs in the bathroom.  The cream colored rug is simpler, but the striped one picks up the color on the walls and the tiles in the main space.



 Anyone else have an opinion?  Obviously I need to iron the cream colored rug.

I'm working on the measurements for the porch since it's going to be a bit bigger than the standard porch for the kit.  Once I get that established I'll know how many columns I have to make and where to place them.

Still haven't found my wire so I can attach the ladder.  It's getting a little frustrating actually.  Have to keep looking.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE that striped bathroom rug!.. That's the one for sure! :)
    Your kitchen is looking lovely too.. I'm trying to figure out how you did your cabinetry.. did you bash a some houseworks kits? It looks like you are making good progress. The built-ins look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like that one too. I've got another one in the same pattern and colors that I'm thinking will go in the loft.

      The kitchen is made out of Houseworks kits with some crown molding added and the sink base built from scratch to accommodate the farm sink.

      Delete
  2. Stripes!

    I like the ombré dinnerware.

    Everything is looking great. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's two votes for stripes.

      The dinnerware is growing on me. I need to put some poly on it to finish it off but I like the colors.

      Delete
  3. Good job repairing the 1:1 lamp!
    I like the mantle accessories and the book holders!
    The bread box color is very nice!
    Thanks for buying my dinnerware! :O) I like the hombre effect! Maybe Triple Thick for the glazed look?
    Striped!
    Good luck today with the plumber, and this week finding the wire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Husband was suitably impressed. I like that little breadbox too.
      I love that dinnerware, its the sort of thing I'd never get to use in real life so its perfect for minis. I think either triple thick or I'll use clear nail polish. Depends on what I find first!

      Three votes for stripes. It's winning by a landslide.

      Thanks again. I'm seriously praying about the plumber.

      Delete
  4. I too vote for the stripes. Lovely dinner ware, I love the color.
    Great kitchen accessories.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love that turquoise/teal color. Such a nice pop.

      Stripes has four now. I think it's going to win.

      Delete
  5. I agree with everyone else that the striped bathroom rug looks best!
    The dinnerware is a lovely color and the long view into the living room look marvelous! By the way, I love the lamps above the 2 bookcases- they are Perfect! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it'll be the striped rug in the end. And I'm really excited about those lamps

      Delete
  6. Your rooms already looked amazing, but once the knickknacks are in they just astound. Very well done! I love the striped rug, but I am partial since I have a bunch of those. Now if I could just get it in real life size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been collecting different little tchotchkes for the shelves so I was really excited to play with them.

      Poor little cream colored rug, no love for it. The striped one does look amazing though. I'd like one in life size too.

      Delete