Sunday, March 14, 2021

The Kit Has Arrived!

 I'll admit to being a little unfocussed this weekend.  I didn't do much on Saturday.  Then we had the Spring Forward time change which I absolutely hate because I always feel incredibly tired for a couple weeks afterward.

I'll admit that it is nice my phone and computer change their own times.  I remember when they didn't.

But on Sunday the 2021 Creatin' Contest Kit arrived!  A surprise to get it on a Sunday but it was good to have it.  


Before it got here I'd taped out an eight by twenty rectangle on some of the wood I have.  


And I was checking how I could use my stairs.  I hadn't ruled out the stairs that came with the windows, though they'd require a slight adjustment to my floorplans.




I'll need to change a few things around if I go with the straight stairs.  The spiral stairs I bought have a wider footprint than I anticipated so they could still work but again, I'd need to change a few things.


I'm also happy that the other teardrop jewelry findings I ordered came in.  They're slightly smaller and I think they work better with the earring backs as burner switches.



I think they work better.


The one on the left is from the package I got last week.  The two on the right are from the new pack.  I still like the smaller back in the middle for the controls.  The one on the far right could be nice for an oven dial.  Maybe a little more thought on that.  

But the little ones fit nicely on the panel I cut for the controls.


My only other accomplishment for the weekend was sanding down the stove top and getting it ready for paint.  


I'm excited though, the kit is here and I hopefully will start to make some real progress with the build!

I hope you're all having a good weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Que bien que tu kit haya llegado! Ahora ya tienes un aliciente para seguir con tu proyecto! Los mandos de la cocina con las cuentas se ven muy bien, tengo ganas de ver como funciona todo!
    Feliz semana!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also dislike spring forward time change for the same reason as you do. Feeling tired together with my medication for hay fever is also not a good combination so I feel for you.
    I think these new teardrop jewelry are better, as in: more into proportion than the others. The stove top looks great already as it is now, so after a layer of paint....
    I hope you'll have a lot of fun now the new kit has arrived. Now you have to choose what staircase you want to use, it's always about choices in making mini's ;), so I wish you good luck!
    Stay safe, take care, dear Sheila.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way the stove is coming together, Sheila. I love the little jewellery findings you are using for handles. Where do you source them from? Thanks for sharing! - Marilyn D., New Brunswick, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at Amazon.

      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZH13DI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Delete
  4. It's always so exciting cracking open a new kit box!!! It's like unwrapping a world of possibilities! And since you already have a solid plan, I bet you'll make speedy progress!
    The stove is going to be just adorable! Your components are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stove top looks great. I love the tiny handles. I am looking forward to see your work on the new kit.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila! The kit arriving is a great sign of Spring! But having the walls there reminds you of how small the space really is. I am having the same problems with the Sugarplum kit... I chose it because it was small.... and now I think it is (too) small! How to fit everything in... how many "bump-outs" make sense and can I get away with the space they will need...? Your Container house is one of those minimalist ideas.... Good Luck! :):)

    ReplyDelete