Sunday, March 21, 2021

Refining Details

This Friday we got our first round of the Covid Vaccine.  Since my husband works with the public and we both have underlying conditions that put us at risk we got on our County Health Department's wait list.  They gave us a list of possible side effects.  

We got lucky, no real bad flu-like symptoms.  Just fatigue and sore arms.  So we've both slept a lot.

But I did get the base measured and cut. And I refined the kitchen design.

Cargo containers are usually eight by eight by twenty. So I used some of the kit to make the base of the first floor.  While the glue was drying on that I continued to work on the kitchen drawings.  

I liked these cabinets as my inspiration.

So I did some erasing and then redrew the cabinets. First the front wall:


And then the side wall:


I like the look of these a lot better. And I think I'll be able to make them with my Cricut.

The other thing that I'm rethinking are the windows.  I really want to do some windows that open in the kitchen. So I'm playing around with some of the windows I have.

 

I think I might have to make some windows from scratch, though I really like the idea of a big long window like this with windows opening above it.

Maybe something similar on the other side of the door?  I'm still thinking about it.

I hope you all had a good weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Ya tenéis la mitad del camino recorrido con la primera dosis de la vacuna!
    Los gabinetes son muy bonitos y tus planos geniales, seguro que lograrás realizarlos!
    La idea de tener grandes ventanas en la cocina es excelente, una cocina bien iluminada con luz natural es algo magnífico!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila! Good to read you both got your first round of the Covid vaccine and to read you weren't really sick of it.
    The plans for your dream kitchen are looking good, it will have a great modern style. But making your self some windows, who can be opened, phew that is alot of work. I hope you can manage, good luck with this.
    Stay safe, take care, dear Sheila.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for receiving the first round of the COVID vaccine! I'm glad there were only mild effects.
    Your kitchen plans are interesting.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting vaccinated! Did you get the one that requires the second shot? That's the one that Tasha got - she's gotta go back in a couple weeks but didn't have much in the way of side effects, either. She's feeling like there's light at the end of this Covid tunnel!
    I like the cabinets you decided to model yours after, and the drawings look great! I am so excited that you're finally getting an opportunity to dive into the Maker! You're going to have so much fun!
    I love how you always make the windows in your projects special and unique! The configuration you're working on looks modern and clean! Can't wait to see where the idea leads you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila! I am glad to hear you didn't have bad side effects. (They say the second shot is worse.) I love the new kitchen look.... and the idea that the windows open is a good one! Compact kitchens require some "air space" in my opinion! I look forward to seeing the plans get under way! :)

    ReplyDelete