Sunday, July 12, 2020

Doors, Hardware & Light Fixtures

I didn't post last week but I did make some progress.  My window and door hardware arrived!


While the paint was drying I began to work on the exterior door handles for the French doors.


So then I got the interior window trim and the hardware attached to the walls. 




I like how it turned out.  Once the glue dried some paint touch ups were needed but that was simple enough.

I hunted up my siding so I'd be able to add that once I got the lights into the room.  Luckily I had some and didn't need to order any.


I also drilled out some holes in the side walls for the magnets.



Once I got those glued in I covered them with tape until the glue dried.  And I glued the French doors into the front.




Last week I also worked on my chandelier for the room.  It took me a bit and I really want to find some other beads in teardrop shape for a different style if I want to make more later.  But I like how it came out.


It still shows a little loose here but once everything was glued into place it looks much more symmetrical.

After dealing with tiny beads and wires and spacing and I was ready to scream so I put everything down and stopped with the minis for the weekend.

But this weekend, with renewed optimism I began to work on the sconces.  Still a lot of cursing and fussing with beads and wires but at least I got them both done.


Then I did another test of the lights.  I'm pleased to say that I didn't manage to pull anything apart so they still worked.



Actually getting them into the room was much easier than making the lights. 




I got a piece of the same wood my siding is made out of and tested some colors for the exterior.


From left to right, 1) Voyage, 2) Cabana Blue, 3) Venus Teal, and 4) Cascade.

I like them all, but Voyage seems a bit off so I don't want to use it.  I used Cascade on the interior, behind the built in shelves.  I think Venus Teal is a bit too light.  And since my husband has to see it too, and he likes Cabana Blue I'm thinking I'll go with that one.

I'm letting all the glue dry on the ceiling and light fixtures before I paint and glue on the siding.  And I'm debating the front yet, if I want to add steps.  I'm not sure.

So I'm going to set that aside for a bit and worry about it next weekend.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. it is all looking super good. I especially love the door and window furniture

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really making great progress on this build! I love the door hardware and the way you painted the knobs in gold is really lovely! I love the way your light fixtures turned out and I especially admire your patience! They are the perfect crowning jewel for this opulent room! Cabana Blue is really pretty and out of all for has the nicest depth. I think you'll be really happy with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chandelier, it look amazing when it's switched on. Great job.
    I like the first colour, Voyage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Se ve preciosa la habitación con las nuevas ventanas y puerta! Y las lámparas son perfectas para ella!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you work like a mad(wo)man on this project, Sheila, what a lot of progress you made.
    The door furniture is splendid, I'm glad it was what you had in mind and they look very realistic. Your chandeliers are excellent work, the light effect is beautiful.
    Stay safe, take care, dear Sheila.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Work Sheila!!!
    The entire music room is looking very sophisticated and refined!
    The hardware for the windows and doors looks GREAT and so does your new lighting!
    I can only imagine how fiddly and time consuming stringing all those crystal drops must have been but the results are EXCELLENT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive Sheila! Looking stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This room is so lovely. And I'm very impressed with the chandeliers. I am working on some right now, and they are NOT easy! I like the cabana blue. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete