Sunday, June 28, 2020

Trim and Wallpaper

This weekend I got a bit more done on the roombox.  I'd ordered a bunch of seed beads and bugle beads and had to get them all sorted out.

I'm toying with the idea of making a chandelier and some fancy sconces for the music room and had nothing in the way of supplies.  So I'm going to have some fun researching how to make them and the types I could manage.

I'm testing rugs to see which I like best in the room.  So far I like all of them really.





So I got a late start on Saturday but I got the wainscoting put together.


And I got the wainscoting, the window trim, windows and doors painted.




And the wallpaper went up.  I'm pretty pleased with how it looks so far.





I managed to get the crown molding cut up but I decided I'd paint it next week.


I ordered some of Marion's window fixtures and they were supposed to arrive Friday but apparently two day shipping doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does to UPS.  So they'll be here on Monday.
I can't really put the windows in or anything on the outside until I get the lighting completely figured out.

But I'm satisfied with my progress for now.  Maybe I'll put siding on the outside?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. This looks great, love the tealy colour. The arches look so good. I like the third rug the best myself.
    emjay

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of work! You really accomplished a lot, and the room is looking so pretty. I like rugs 1 and 3, but the room is big enough, you can probably use more than one rug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has hecho grandes avances,los arcos se ven fabulosos y me gusta mucho el tono general.Me encanta la tercera alfombra,pero seguro que puedes combinar un par de ellas!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right: all of the rugs are wonderful, it will be difficult to choose which one will be the lucky one to stay in there ;).
    You've accomplished once again a lot of work at the wainscoting, wall paper and the windows. The room looks wonderful already so far.
    I'm curious to see what you'll do with the lights.
    Stay safe, take care, dear Sheila.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful job you are doing with such simple materials. I love how it's turning out. All of the rugs are lovely but my personal favourite for the decor that is emerging in your room would be number 3 - the colours seem to suit the room best and are more subtle, allowing the room itself to shine. Great job. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just loving the fresh and pretty color scheme in this build, Sheila! Great work on the built ins and all the moldings, and I love every single rug, too! Siding would look great on the exterior - Are you going to have a board for some landscaping, too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Sheila! I like the last rug the best I think, but they do all look great. Hope your parcel arrives soon - perhaps UPS will surprise you and you’ll have it by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are ZOOMING through the construction this music room like a house afire, Sheila! I agree that each carpet looks WONDERFUL against the walls and how often does something like that occur?
    Your colour scheme is soothing to the eye along with the arched shelves which are a FABULOUS feature as are the double french doors- TRES CHIC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheila! I have fallen Waaay behind... on everything! LOL! Your lovely Music Room is really coming together quickly! I love the arched shelves and the big windows.. and the colors you have chosen! It looks so airy and cheerful already! I like the first rug best... but I like tons of detail. I am eager to see the lighting you will use... and all the accessories! This is a really sweet project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You was busy. :) Beautiful wallpaper. And I like the first rug better. :)

    ReplyDelete