Sunday, January 16, 2022

2022 - Not So Sure About This One

I'll admit, I'm a little tired. Dealing with home renovations, mini projects, work, and all the other insanity that goes along with every day life...I'm a little worn down.

And I'll admit, this didn't help:



Guess whether or not I received an email. If you said no, you'd be correct.

So I'm very interested in seeing the winners, honorable mentions and first time entrants.

And the new contest kit is out.

I'm not so sure about this one. It seems like a rerun of the 2020 kit?




I mean, it's not bad.  But it doesn't seem to come with windows or a door and it's not enclosed. 

I have an idea but at this point, though I purchased the kit just in case, I'm not even sure I want to do the contest this year. 

After all the time and effort to make the deadline in 2021 and then the house isn't even good enough for an Honorable Mention... it's discouraging.

At this point, my house is still in upheaval because the wonderful start to the bathroom has fizzled out and we've gotten some very bad news from a plumber we had come out. Twenty thousand five hundred dollars later we still don't have a completed bathroom. 

With the change in jobs it's more difficult to put money into savings and I'm more conscious of how much some of the mini supplies cost.  Of all my hobbies, minis are the most expensive.  

So if I do the contest, it will be with supplies I already have or can make. 

I'm giving myself a little break, to relax, write without feeling like I have a deadline and read books I have had in my pile for a while. (ha, rhymes)

I love minis but after the last year, stressing over the old job, getting fired and having a new job, I don't want to stress over my hobbies too.

So we'll see.

I hope the rest of you did better in the contest and I can't wait to see all your entries!

4 comments:

  1. You have great ideas and sense of style. I’d love to see what you can create when you are not pinched for time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Te comprendo perfectamente Sheila, el estrés no es bueno , así que tomate tu tiempo. También los problemas de la vida real prioriza todo. Ánimo y seguro que ese diorama te quedará precioso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila! I can understand your disappointment about the contest. I can't even bring myself to try... I would never get finished in time for starters! It has been a stressful couple of years and no wonder you are feeling worn out! You've had to cope with a lot! I think taking some time to relax is the perfect solution. I hope you regain your creativity soon! :) And I hope the house repairs get finished soonest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to belive you weren't even mentioned. I understand why you are upset. And all the other stuff. The life can be so frustrating.
    I hope you will be able to relax and have fun with your hobby anyways.

    ReplyDelete