Saturday, February 12, 2022

I Am Soooo Freakin' Confused!

 I'm sure you all remember this post:



And since I didn't receive any other emails I pretty much figured that I'd been totally outclassed this year. I was a little depressed but excited because hey, these entries must really be awesome since I thought I'd done pretty well.

I'd checked my spam folder. I'd checked my deleted mail folder. Nothing.

Now as you'll recall, I'd been out of work for around a month in 2021. As a result I went on Indeed, ZipRecruiter and LinkedIn looking for employment.

It worked. I got a job. Yay. Take down all the stuff that says 'I'm looking', click on the status that says 'employed' or 'accepted a position'. And done right?

Uh...not so right. ZipRecruiter is...aggressive. Which if you need a job, can be a very good thing. A lot of the folks who 'invite you to apply' are head hunters and employment agencies of all types. I imagine they get paid according to how many people they place if their level of interest in me is any indicator.

As a result, I've had a very tight focus to what is allowed in my Inbox. And I've had such a massive load of things I'd marked as Spam that my Spam folder (which deletes everything after a certain amount of time or messages or some arbitrary number I can't determine without a degree in computer science) has been constantly full and then emptying itself. 

At least that's the only explanation I have for this:




So I was surprised. 

Very surprised.

When I saw that and then saw on Instagram that no, it wasn't a mistake, yes, I really had gotten an Honorable Mention.

I was soooo confused.

Seriously. I spent half the day trying to figure out how I had missed the emails. I'm still not sure if my theory is right. 

I've taken the precaution of adding every email address Miniatures.com has used to send me anything to my 'friends' address list in the hopes that this won't happen again.


I'm still not completely sure about entering the 2022 contest, or if I'll have time since the bathroom is going to take time on my weekends. But I've got the kit so it's an option if I have time and/or get inspired.

Can't wait to see the first-time entrants and the rest of the winners.



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sheila!!! I thought your entry was pretty darned original and awesome! I am glad to see it was after all! :) And I can completely relate to your confusion... but I am not so tech savvy and would never figure out about the spam folder emptying so fast! Anyway, fantastic work as usual! I do hope you find inspiration for the new kit... but if not, you can "play around" more without the deadline always looming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas felicidades Sheila por esa mención de honor tan merecida!!
    Lo de correos que no llegan o van a la carpeta de spam, a veces es un misterio, por lo que entiendo tu confusión, pero era real!!
    Espero que la inspiración para el nuevo kit se presente pronto, pero si no llega, tendrás un nuevo trabajo pendiente con diversión asegurada!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sheila! I saw it in the honourable mentions and was pleased for you. I agree, it’s pretty confusing that the email has completely disappeared but hope it’s all sorted for future. Hope your weekend was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sheila! I'm so happy for you. I was sure your work deserved at least and honorable mention. Thank you so much for including the photos.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete