Sunday, November 14, 2021

Starting soon! Oh, And Some Dollhouse Stuff

 The bathroom remodel starts on Monday. So on Saturday I had to get everything out of the bathroom. Since it's pretty freezing back there we used the closet for storage. 

Soo... essentially two thirds of my Saturday was spent removing hangers, boxes of books, mattress toppers, lamps and whathaveyou out of the closet and into my SUV.







I kind of amazed myself. My goal is six thousand steps per day, and I try to increase it by five hundred more every week. I got to fourteen thousand five hundred steps before noon. No wonder my feet hurt!

And off to the Goodwill dropoff I went.

They only wanted the clothes and shoes. But there's a huge charity thriftstore near the Walmart and they were happy to take everything but the mattress toppers. Those I just tossed because no one wants them. They'll take bedding, like sheets and quilts but nothing like a mattress, topper or pillows. Too much risk of bedbugs.

And then I got home and started to do a few minis while I still had some energy.

I primed and painted a mirror for the bathroom and started work on the set of shelves/towel rack to go over the toilet.  I also found some of my little clock faces, stained and painted them and added hands. They'll be cute on shelves.



I got the shower tile grouted and then sealed it. I like how it looks so far.


The next thing was the lights. I started with the bathroom. I drilled four holes in the little weave bowl and attached chains with head pins. I'll run a bulb down the center to light it.


Painted the kitchen pendants and the outdoor lights and the hanging light for the upper sitting room/office.  And figured out how to hang them and hide/disguise the wires.




I ended up reducing the length of chain it wouldn't hang down to the middle of the room and hit people in the chest.

By the time all that was done the shelves/towel rack had dried.


I'll put one of the clocks on it, and the blue vase once I get a few flowers for it.  But I did get towels made and hung.



With limited wall space I liked the idea of a double towel rack.

Plotting and planning the wiring and wallpaper...I think I've got a good idea of how to do it.  At least I have a few ideas. 

We'll see how it goes. 

How are the rest of you doing?

Slowly whittling down the list:

  1. Support beams for the ceilings of the upper and lower level.
  2. Build the corners of the containers and glue them to the long walls.
  3. Glue in flooring for the upper level, stain and sand it.
    1. Figure out bathroom flooring & put it in.
  4. Build the bathroom wall
  5. Build the closet
  6. Build transom windows for upper level
  7. Fold & prime the corner lift pieces
  8. Make the four handles for the container doors
  9. Stain closet & Bathroom doors - convert to barn doors
  10. Cut the roof
  11. Prime the walls, roof & stairs
  12. Paint the walls & roof
  13. Make supports for the overhang/carport
  14. Base & steps for house (cinderblocks? or skip this)
  15. Landscaping
  16. Posts & railings for roof patio
    1. Roof patio decking? Tongue depressors?
  17. Prime & paint posts & railings of roof patio
  18. Make bifold doors for upper level
  19. Make floor to ceiling windows for upper level
  20. Make frames for all floor to ceiling windows
  21. Make sink cabinet for bathroom
  22. Towel rack/shelves for bathroom
  23. Make 'glass' door for shower
  24. Tile shower walls & soap niche (revise soap niche)
    1. Grout shower walls
  25. Lighting.
    1. Bathroom overhead (chains & bulb)
    2. Over front door
    3. On either side of bifold for roof patio
    4. Kitchen pendant lights
    5. Living room lights
    6. Light in upstairs office
    7. Bedroom lights
    8. Install lights
  26. Furniture for bedroom 
  27. Furniture for living room
  28. Spider plants in macrame holders for kitchen window?
  29. Install kitchen cabinets, faucet, appliances, backsplash & floating shelves
  30. Install bathroom fixtures
  31. Rugs & pillows
  32. Books
  33. Cats

5 comments:

  1. No idea how you found the energy for anything after that clear out. Well done and well done on the lovely minis produced later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such exciting news about the bathroom reno starting! Yippee! And wow! You got so much done Saturday, including ending up with time to work on minis! Bet that felt great!
    I love the way the tile came out! It's going to be such a realistic looking shower! And the lighting fixtures and shelving are exciting, too! I can't wait to see it all come together! Best wishes on the wallpaper and lighting! We miniaturists are magicians when it comes to working out difficult logistical challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about the bathroom renovation! Getting rid of all that unused staff must also be good.
    It's wonderful that you still had a little time to produce wonderful minis.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive work Sheila! You are progressing well. I intend entering the contest too (I’ve kept it under my hat!) but I am struggling to get motivated to finish off the last details. I should’ve entered last year when it was much smaller… i have no idea where I will put it when it’s done….
    Anyway, I am glad your bathroom will get started so soon. What a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck on the bathroom and nice job on the lights!

    ReplyDelete