Monday, October 5, 2020

Cleaning & Organizing

I didn't do much mini-ing this weekend.  Unless you count organizing my minis.

I got a new set of cube shelves for very cheap (so cheap they squeaked 'cheep cheep') and put then together. Since my workroom doubles as the cat climbing space I didn't have enough room to put them together in one big shelf. 

Instead I have a shelf of six cubes and a shelf of five.  But that's fine. No biggie.

The tough part was going through all of the boxes I have and sorting. Then putting things away. Breaking down boxes.  Dusting and vacuuming...

Taking the vacuum apart to fix it when it got jammed.

And continuing the whole shebang on Sunday.

It was a lot of standing on a vinyl floor with a concrete foundation under it. Barefoot.

Ladies and gentlemen, I ache.

I still have a bit more to do.  One more container to go through. (I don't even know what's in this one.) And I need to clean up my table and figure out a place to put the music room until I start to work on the garden.  I promised to bring it to work to show them so first I need a box to accommodate it.

If I work on some of this stuff in the evening this week I should have pictures to show you soon.

And by that I mean pictures that don't embarrass me with the plethora of boxes and junk piled everywhere.

In the mean time, here's a picture of the cats. Before they began the ongoing attempts to destroy the couch and make me crazy.


Oh, I don't know if I mentioned, but the other project I was thinking of doing is a roombox of this:



I have the roombox with the arches at the front and with some work on the Cricut I could make more arches for the back walls.  Print pictures to go in them for background and get the map printed for the floor?

My husband is a big Game Of Thrones fan and I think he'd get a kick out of this.

And with that... 

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Stay safe, stay healthy and if we have to stay home at least we have an interesting hobby to keep us busy.

And if you're like me, you always have something to clean.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you had a very busy weekend! Even thought there's not much eye candy to post (although I do love the picture of the kitties), I'm sure there is a sense of satisfaction in getting through that job. And it will feel so nice to have everything organized! Never watched Game of Thrones, but that looks like it could make a very cool roombox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seguro que una vez terminado el intento de organizar todas las cajas, habrás sentido una gran satisfacción! Es difícil mantener el orden cuando se tiene tanto para organizar, a mi me pasa lo mismo!
    Que gran idea la escena de Juego de Tronos para miniaturizar!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what can I say other than that your weekend was quite busy, Sheila! But if it had to be done, it has to be done. I myself has to this job soon again, my workroom is a complete mess after working on a new commission in these last months. I love to have everything organized (read: so I can find everyhting), but after one hour of mini work, all of neat reorganisation in my workroom will be vanished already ;O)!
    Like Deb, I have never watched Game of Thrones, but seeing your pictures I think it will be a wonderful roombox.
    Stay safe, take care, dear Sheila.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shudder when I think of what awaits me. Putting order in a miniaturist's workroom can be an ordeal.
    The Cricut machine is going to be very handy for the project you plan to do. I'm sure this one will be a great success like the ones you already finished.
    Hugs,
    Drora
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh, I love the look of this roombox idea! I don't know anything about Game of Thrones... but I love everything Medieval! That "cloister" is very lovely!
    I was hoping to get to cleaning up some of my "stuff" on my vacation.... but you can guess that I didn't get that far! I just made a bigger mess everywhere by taking apart the Castle... which means moving everything! Your kitty "helpers" seem to be in charge of your seating area... they are really cute! :):)

    ReplyDelete