Sunday, August 16, 2020

Nearly Done

 I've got one more instrument coming and then the music room is done.  The flowering vines have been added to the pergola.






The curtains are finished and on the windows.


I used Kris's method for making the curtain cord and tassels.  

I added some books to the shelves and a few other horns. And a bust of Beethoven.  I need to do a little rearranging.

I got some old staircase spindles from a spiral staircase kit.  They have pre-drilled holes in the tops to thread the railing through metal loops.  With some corner molding and woodsies and some ends of the wooden fans I made sheet music holders.  I printed sheet music from images I found on the internet.



Once the glue dried I painted them black and then did a wash of dark brown over it.

They need a coat of poly and then they'll be done.

I didn't want the shelves to look too symmetrical so I got an old plastic vase and some of the roses from my stash and made a flower arrangement.

I'm still working on the arrangement of instruments, I have one more coming.  The double bass in the corner needs it's bridge repaired.  But the cello looks nice and the guitar works.

With the sheet music on the shelves and one of the stands I think it looks nice.




I should have put one of the filters on the camera. The lights are very bright and they don't look quite that bright in person.

But once my zither arrives the music room will be done.  I might work on the garden next or maybe I'll go back to the Downtown Loft.

Either way, I'm pleased with how it looks so far.  

I hope you're all safe and healthy and happy.  Have a great week!



9 comments:

  1. This looks great. Love the music stands - something from nothing, just requires ingenuity. The shelves look perfect with the horns especially and the lighting looks fine, so must be even better in person.
    emjay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room more and more. The music stands are brilliant, and I love all the beautiful instruments you've collected. Swapping in the stringed instruments made the room less crowded, and we can really see all the lovely elements. And a zither? How wonderful! I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s beautiful Sheila! What a bright happy place. I can imagine a group of people in here all playing at once and having tea afterwards under the pergola. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila! This Music Room looks so Inviting! The curtains really add a layer of "finish" as well as not blocking the windows too much. The room keeps the light and airy feeling.... I can almost hear the music pouring out those doors into the garden! The music stands look great and all the items on the shelves add to the lived in atmosphere. I think the lighting is just elegant enough.... you don't want it too dim for reading the sheet music! I look forward to seeing the Zither too! Keep up the wonderful work! It is really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out to be another of your beautiful projects. A very lovely collection of musical instruments which look which make wonderful music together. I love your clever way of making the music stands.
    great work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE the color scheme and the total Elegance you've infused into this project!
    The shelves, the lighting, the assorted stringed and piano instruments with those Marvellous music stands you've made, plus the curtains and the arbour with the vining flowers- is all so Fascinating to see-
    Really Beautiful Work, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant. I have no musical ear but I believe that could change if I can give it a try in a room like this. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful. :) I especially love the fourth photo with the lights. You just hear the music looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, this music room looks so great ! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete