My order from Shapeways came so I could continue my work on the bathroom. I hadn't wanted to start on the sink cabinet until I had the sink.
I'd ordered Jodi's Exhilarate bathroom fixtures. The sink, shower attachment and the faucet to go with the sink because they all had that simple right angle look that seems Craftsman to me. And now I'm kicking myself for not ordering the accessories that match them. I might still.
But I made the cabinet to go with the sink out of a Houseworks kitchen upper and added some wood to the bottom to raise it a bit. Then I painted it with the Americana Oyster Beige.
I painted the faucet and shower fixture with a bronze metallic and then used a black metallic to age it a bit and give them some detail.
Once I was sure everything was dry I added a handle to the cabinet. I'll prime the pinhead nails and paint them bronze to match.
I had a Houseworks tub and managed to tape it off well enough to prime the faucet and handles so I could paint them bronze to match. I glued it and the shower fixture into the bathroom. Then I was able to glue in the trim around the shower and the door frame into place.
It doesn't look like it but the shower head is actually set at six feet from the bottom of the tub. I need to attach the TP holder to the side of the cabinet and get a few other things in place and then I'll glue in the sink and toilet.
I wanted a wine rack in the house, they seem to be very 'in' these days so I ordered some diagonal crate inserts from D's Miniatures. I used another Houseworks cabinet upper and left off the door, adjusting the width a bit and made a small winerack. It'll go in the corner by the back bathroom wall.
I also wanted to dress the cabinets up a bit. So I added a quarter round to the bottom edges and crown molding to the tops.
I like how it looks, but I need to add some wood putty to fill in a few issues since the crown kept cracking on me when I'd cut it.
Once all the glue is dry I'll do that, sand them and then paint.
The last thing I've done is begin to build the mattress enclosure and the murphy bed frame for the loft. So far they look like two open boxes but you have to start somewhere.
Pardon my very messy workspace. I cannot seem to work without making a mess.
So that's what I accomplished this weekend. I'm hoping to get this stuff mostly done and it helps me figure out light placement and I can get cracking on the walls soon.
Hope you're all well!