Battery operated lights can really help with that but I don't want everything run on a battery. So it becomes this big jigsaw puzzle of where to hide wiring. I probably made it harder on myself by putting the siding on the outside before I did the lights and wiring but its too late to change that.
So while I was thinking about all that I decided I'd work on the fridge and a couple other things.
For the fridge I started out with the Houseworks kit but quickly got impatient with all the details. I wanted one of those old fashioned rounded fridges similar to a Smeg fridge and if I kept the hinged doors on the kit I wouldn't be able to do that.
So I glued everything together and used my dremel to round off all the edges. Then I painted it a dark turquoise and added poly. I think it looks pretty good for my first try.
While it was drying I drilled and sanded handholds into the ladder and then stained it. I like it so far I think.
I'm waiting on some of the fixtures for the bathroom and until they're in I can't add the ceiling, light or any of the trim on a permanent basis. So I've been working on the sliding door.
I started with a narrow door and took it out of the frame which wasn't easy since they aren't made to come out. The engineering of a barn door isn't easy for me to understand but I endeavored to persevere and came up with this.
|I notched out part of the door and put a drawer pull upside down for the interior handle.|
I think with the small lower cabinet between the stove and the fridge it works. I was concerned it would be too much color but with neutral cabinets in a pale color and dark floors I think it'll all work.
In progress is a narrow upper cabinet with a wine rack inside it to go above the small cabinet next to the bathroom wall. I need to make a cabinet to go above the stove as well. Then I think the kitchen will be ready for paint and the backsplash.
Almost ready to take the house apart again.
So I feel like I've gotten something accomplished for the weekend.