I also put some wood putty on the boxes to fill in some of the little cracks where the wood joins up. While it was drying I tested out some colors on a piece of the wood I used for the cabinet doors.
Left to right, Cherry stain, Early American stain, Dark Walnut stain, Midnight Blue paint, Bark Brown paint, Oyster Beige paint.
I went back and forth a lot and got opinions from Kristine and some of the other mini folks on Instagram. I tested the blue lowers and Early American stained uppers but they didn't look right. So I'm going with blue cabinets. I have some open shelving I'm planning on and those will be stained with the Early American.
I'm planning on a good amount of lighting so I don't think the kitchen will get too dark. Here's the first pass with the blue on the cabinet boxes.
Saturday I started out making more books. I'd purchased some more as well, I've got one box that's pretty full now.
I decided it would be a good idea to test out how many books it would take to fill the shelves.
Filling this shelf set took half the books I had.
But I'd had enough of making books for the day so I decided to work on the actual shop a bit.
I measured, cut, (and then did it again for some of the angles) and stained the crown molding. I'm using basic large crown from Miniatures.com and augmenting it with Victorian skirt baseboards. It makes the crown molding look more substantial.
It's not the best picture, I'll try to get some more next week with better lighting.
That was pretty much all I did this weekend. We're running back and forth every evening between our house and another cat sitting until Sunday and of course this coincides with my work's period end closing.
I'm hoping the rest of you have accomplished more than I did!