So this weekend I felt entirely justified in being a little lazy. I went through one of my stashes of furniture getting a few ideas for my lanterns.
And I got a rolling cart with three trays attached for some of my tools so I have more space on my table to work. That's going to come in handy I can already tell.
I'm debating doing a lantern or two for Halloween, if I can get any done in time. I don't have a lot of Halloween décor though I could make more floating teasets and potion bottles. That could be lots of fun. I had a blast doing cauldrons and potion bottles for the WQRC.
Until I narrow down what I'd like to do I decided to get started on another Christmas lantern.
I'm planning on making a little cupboard to hide the batteries. To that end I decided to remove a couple of the 'windows'.
I went with a herringbone floor, some of my flooring leftover from NOLA House, and some simple wainscot and blue wallpaper on the 'walls'.
I'm going with 1:12 furniture in this lantern so I found a chair I could sand down and paint.
I got started on the tree since I'll need to have it done before I put the floor in.
It needs a star and some ornaments but the lights work. Yay!
The chandelier is a bit more ornate in this lantern, since there's such a pretty cut out design on top.
Both the chandelier and the Christmas tree lights need a nine volt battery so I really need the little cabinet.
I'll take a look around for some pictures for the walls too. Since I have walls in this one.