We had some loose tiles in our back bathroom so I made my first foray into the world of tile, thin-set and grout.
My knees and back are protesting.
But I did get my shingles stained. The first layer I used Rustoleum's Weathered Grey.
I like it but its very light.
So I let it dry overnight and then mixed up some black paint with a bit of grey and then watered it down.
I coated the shingles and then wiped off the excess just like I would a stain.
I still have a little bit of what looks like raw wood showing but it's more like layers of color rather than one flat stain.
That's it so far. I need to paint trim and get it added to the upper portion of the house as well as get some rafters cut for under the eaves. And work on the porch and columns for it. That's not even including the furniture that needs to be made, or the window seat cushion and bedding.
I've got a list.
Hopefully I'll get a little more energy this afternoon and get a few more things accomplished but I'm not going to hold my breath.