First thing was the windows. I got those all installed and glued. And then painted for a little contrast with the walls.
|I cannot figure out why that white shows through the siding. I've even painted and it still shows. Weird.|
|See? All nice and glued in.|
Then there was the matter of adding trim. I didn't want the traditional trim that came with the windows. It didn't look terribly modern to me.
So I got some strip wood and started to fool around with it.
|Could have sworn I had a picture without tape. Oh well. Tomorrow I'll take another one for you.|
And here's the window in the office/studio
|I like the contrast of the dark windows and the light wood.|
|Not super noticeable but it gives a little more contrast.|
And you'll notice in the picture above that I got the curtains done for the master bedroom. I'm not sure if I want them in the office or not. I'm debating. I'm thinking not.
But here's a couple more pictures of them. And some of the kitchen curtains too.
|I love the colors but the bagginess is something I'm still debating.|
|Ignore the view please.|
|I like this shot for some reason.|
|One last view from outside.|
But the master bathroom only needs the towel rods and towels to be completely done. The toilet and tub arrived and I'm pretty pleased with how everything looks.
Then I started work on the roof and ceilings. I got them glued down, and the curved roof is currently clamped with the wood drying into the proper shape.
|Lots of glue, strips of thin basswood and lots of binders, plus a magazine to weigh everything down.|
If I can get that done tonight, I can paint and then concentrate on the roof of the squared off part, which is gonna be a type of roof garden/patio. And in between drying stuff I can get the siding finished off on the curved portion of the house.
It'll be a busy week but I'm making progress. And I ordered another transformer because I think I burned mine out. This one should be capable of supporting more lights. Yay!