Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Pumpkin House

 So after I finished the Chapel I decided to do something a little different. I had a pumpkin I'd bought around Halloween and I cut an opening in it and covered the inside with scrapbook paper, then gave it a wood floor.


I made a fireplace and wired it with some flickering bulbs.



Then I made a little room for the upstairs and extended the front of the pumpkin room with an addition of chipboard and foamcore board.



One layer of the baseboard added to close any gaps between the floor and walls. Then baseboards, crown molding and stairs. I went with Tudor glass windows.



I was able to wire the main room first and then the bedroom. I used jewelry findings as ceiling light fixtures.



I sided the bedroom and the lower level extension with wood siding and while all the glue was drying began to work on the furniture. 




The scale isn't 1:12 and its too big for 1:24 I had to make all of the furniture custom.






I was pretty pleased how it all turned out and it fits nicely into the house.






And after some trim to the rough edges of the walls I added my roof of leaves and wired the light switches into the chimney.


After I take a few measurements I'll probably list the house on my Etsy shop.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable tiny home, Sheila! I love the creative way you've incorporated the additions onto the pumpkin. It can't have been easy to get the paper and baseboard to cooperate! The fireplace is wonderfully charming and the furniture you created not only perfectly fits the space, it is so stinkin' cute! My favorite projects are ones that seem to captivate our imaginations and entangle us in imaginative fervor. I get that sense that is how this wonderful project came to be! It will be hard for you to let it go, but you'll be making someone giddy with happiness when they receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea Sheila! It’s a very pretty little cottage that someone will love to own. Well done on making all that furniture too! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila! This is such an original and adorable project! I always see "tiny homes" inside anything that could be "opened up" or "looked into"... and that is just what this Pumpkin House makes me think of! The design is so cute and original, and all the furniture is so well done! The front facade is so appealing.... I LOVE that door! :):) And I think there have to be a few garden fairies somewhere who are looking for a home! What fun this is!

    ReplyDelete