Sunday, March 20, 2022

Revamping a Christmas Lantern

 So this weekend our friend who's the tile genius had folks visiting. And I got some time to play with minis.

I had made a small lantern with a Christmas tree inside it and I just didn't like how it had turned out. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either.




I just thought it could be done better.  So I took the tree out and got another one I could decorate differently.

And I got my spray glue and iridescent glitter to make it look a little more like snow inside.

I wanted it to look a little more like snow drifts around the tree inside. So I glued the 'snow' in on one side, added the tree and then put the 'snow' in the other side.



I actually lifted the tree about a half an inch so it looked like the snow was blowing up against it.

The higher 'drift' in the back covers up the battery pack for the lights.




And lit up it looks very pretty too.


So far I like it. 

But that's all I accomplished this weekend.

I hope everyone else did better!

4 comments:

  1. It was beautiful before and it's stunning now. The snow effect and the lights make all the difference. It's always relaxing to do little scenes which can be completed in a short time. Good luck with the bathroom tiles!
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that your tile genius friend is helping and that you are finding time for minis, too! I can't count the number of projects I have done that I want to go back and improve on. Your improvements to the lamp, snow and tree are good ones! I love the light effect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila! I'm glad to see you can squeeze in some mini time! It is good for the spirits! :) The new tree looks much "softer" and more delicate... maybe it is the glitter? It looks great with the lights on! These little lanterns are so much fun! I hope you get time to make more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The final effect is beautiful. It's so great you had some time for minis. :)

    ReplyDelete