Monday, December 20, 2021

Oops...Skipped a Week...

Sorry I didn't post last week. I literally worked on the build until the eleventh hour. And then had to clean up and take pictures.  But I got the build submitted with five minutes to spare!

I thought last year was crazy? This year has been insane.  

So I began working my way through what was left of the list. And I made another one on a break at work, for things to do once I got home. I worked on it every night this week and as you know, I normally don't do minis on work nights because its so hard for me to make my brain stop going.

I had made up a pretty bed, nice Mid Century Modern style. And it was too big. I had to make something custom. And I remembered when Pepper was working on the 2015 kit and how she made a sofa bed. So I checked out her method and adjusted slightly.








And I'm pleased to say that it works and it fits in the room as well.



So once I got that done it was time to get a few walls glued together and then work on a bedside table. Somewhere to put pillows and sheets. (Or a battery.)



I tried to make it sort of Mid Century Modern.


I got the bathroom assembled. So far I'm happy with how it looks.






Obviously the cinderblocks are just to hold up the toilet while it's glued into place.



I got the windows done for the bedroom and made a window and sliding door to go onto the rooftop deck.




A little thing I managed was getting the house numbers on it. 311 in honor of my childhood address.


The ceiling light fixtures were the next step, and then I glued everything together, walls, ceiling... and prayed. Lots of praying.



As you can see I got the supports and steps glued in and made a little driveway. And added some grass too.

I need to take a bunch more pictures and list my sources for all the little things I have in the house. But I did manage to get my submission pictures sent in.

This has gotten a little long though so I'll do another post in a day or so with them. 

The 1:1 bathroom is nearly done. Paint and a little more grout, and the glass for the shower...closet rods and shelves...and we're good.  But the new washer/dryer is in and we got to do laundry.

I've never been so excited to do laundry.





So we're moving along.  How are all of you?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila! WOW! WOW And WOW!!! You made awesome progress and congrats on making the deadline with 5 minutes to spare!!! I have been thinking of you trying to beat the clock on this fascinating project! There are so many awesome parts, I don't know where to start! But that fold out bed that works is really awesome! Wow! And I really love how the upper floor looks with those "V" shaped supports! This is really an original and fascinating project to follow. There is so much to look at and marvel over! Well done!! And on top of that the RL bath is looking fabulous! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great project! Every aspect seems well thought out and your work is outstanding. The real project looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila. Congratulations on finishing your entry! It was a monumental effort - such a big and detailed build. Well done! I hope it brings you success in the competition because you’ve earnt it. And the bathroom looks AMAZING! Must be great to be almost over the finish line with it too! Merry Christmas and stay safe. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Everything looks marvelous! I love the sofa that turns into a bed.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Sheila, you sure managed to cram a lot in and it is looking absolutely fabulous. I am as always in awe of the amount of making you manage to do for these amazing annual builds. Well done and good luck for the contest.
    Merry Christmas
    Anna X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay bathroom almost done! (and the tiny one looks great too!). I love the little pillows in the nightstand! Congrats on finishing the entry!

    ReplyDelete