Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bits & Pieces

Which is what I feel like I'm made up of, and sometimes like I'm flying apart into.  Oh well, such is life.  Right?  Meh.

Anyway, work got hectic, life got insane, and as a result I pretty much did nothing but sit on my butt when I got home every night this week.  No writing, no dollhouse, no blogging... you name it, it was not done.

So today I am determined to accomplish something.  Anything. 

Nothing like aiming high.

But I did manage to get a few things done.  I found my little girl doll and put her in the house.  And of course took a few pictures of her in various poses.  She's just about to go into her new room, already took off her bonnet and everything.

Is it me or does she look like she has no chin? Maybe that was the fashion back then.
It seems like a dark hallway but that's mostly because I'm not very good at taking pictures.  Like at all.  Can you tell? 

New Room!  First look.  I hope she likes it.

So she must feel comfortable, the first thing she did was throw her bonnet on her cabinet.  She needs a hat stand or something.  Or maybe she should put it in her dresser?  Hmm...



She's actually standing up on her own.  I was impressed.  I think the stiff ruffles help with that.

And now she's just thrown her apron on the bed.  Young lady! That is not how we behave!  Children these days.

Her mother would not be pleased. At. All.
I've got to do something about the collar on her dress.  It simply won't lie flat.  Needs some stitching I think.  But she's obviously enjoying her room so far...  After all she got right into her rocking chair.

She seems to like her bear too. 
I think she's planning on reading him a story before bed.  Reading is a suitable before bedtime activity for a young lady.

I think we have a historical anomaly here.  Was that title written during Victorian times?  I know it was after the Civil War. 
I think someone is trying for a snack before bed.  Better remind her to brush her teeth if she eats that cake!

But it looks so good!  Uh oh, get the cat down here, there's a mouse under the table.
It's always good to be respectful of your elders. Say good night to your mother before you go up to bed.


She must look more like Mr. Doll than her mother. No blonde braids here. 

Good night!  It's been a long day.  And new houses are always unsettling!

Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment