It's not that I don't like them. But with the width of the balcony the roof would be too flat in the front and it would look very odd.
So I'm going with a roof similar to this.
I also decided to do a trial run on the assembly of the house...
Good news is that I think with glue and my corner braces I won't have many problems getting the floor slotted in place.
The bad news? I'm not completely certain of that. And I won't be certain until I actually glue everything together.
I took a few more shots, mostly of the interior.
As you can see, I still haven't put in the curtains. I'm drawing out some ideas for the French door windows. Very thin little cornices that follow the curve of the windows on the bottom and curtains that are draped in the same curve. Once I'm ready to put the walls up I'll add hardware to the outside of the French doors.
I bought some shrubs and mulch to make a little bed to go in the front of the house and maybe along the side. I also have some supplies to make some vines to climb up the side of the house with the staircase on the inside.
Here's how the balcony looks, taped to the house.
I tested my balcony and front door lights so they work and that's nice to know. The open side of the house will have a wall so it can be closed in and safe from Building Inspectors.
I'm hoping to get the rest of the lights finished this weekend and the staircase wall glued in if I can get the curtains settled for those French doors and the bathroom window. We'll see. I'm not feeling so hot and all I want to do is be a vegetable.