Thursday, August 11, 2016

Curtain Panels & Festoons

Or swags... whatever you want to call them. 

Got the panels off the pleater and I'm pleased they kept their shape.  I hemmed the bottoms and sides using Sticky Tacky glue.


Then I started working on the festoons. Or Swags...whatever you want to call them.  This is just after I'd gotten done painting them with watered down glue so they look a little darker than they will when dry.



The pleats are harder to see but I'm pretty happy with how they look so far.  They'll dry overnight and then I'll add a strip of wood to the straight edge to stabilize it.

And here's a look at the pedestal of the table.  It's coming along nicely.


I need to add a little bit of gilding to brighten it up.  And then the poly.  It's a pretty little table. I'm excited.



6 comments:

  1. Swoon, love, swoon, love - Awesome Sheila! Great vision and amazing work! Did I say swoon and love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so excited with how they came out. Still some finishing to do with the festoons but so far so good right?

      Delete
  2. jodi, ui, this needs patience... but worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really love how this fabric turned out.

      Delete
  3. Looks great and love the word festoon! So much fun to say! The fabric was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like Festoon too. Swag is good... I like swag. But Festoon has a certain festivity to it.

      Delete