Sunday, May 31, 2020

Gluing the Last Bookshelf and Lights!

I decided to bite the bullet and wire the lights in.  Since I only had three lights I used a small outlet strip that has a USB connection for power.  I can use one of the many charger plugs leftover from broken cell phones. 




Using the new version of Blogger and getting more and more annoyed with it.  Can't seem to make pictures larger.  Or insert more than one at a time.

The lights don't seem too bright which is good.  Keeps the moody atmosphere which I like.

I also tried to make a different type of coal scuttle but I'm not convinced it's better.  


I'm not convinced it's better but it was worth a try.

I received my heart in a bell jar in the mail.  Originally it was supposed to be a pendant but I took the chain and extra jump rings off and it looks good.


I switched bottles for the message in a bottle, I wanted something brighter and figured I'd put it on a shelf instead of by the box of teeth.  Then I made a lowball glass to go with the whiskey.  And I glued everything onto the shelves.


I like how it looks.  I have some extra books so I'm piling them up to sit on the floor and adding a spider to go on top of them.  I doubt it'll be noticeable but I'll know he's there.


And I put some roses, two white, one red, in a bell jar as well.  Something to sit on the floor.

The rugs aren't lying perfectly smooth but I added the furniture and the cask of Amontillado to the back corner behind the statue.


So far I think it looks pretty good.



I'm debating another small table behind the chaise to go next to the door.  Not sure though.  I'm waiting for the glue to dry on the bookshelf and then I'll add the back wall.

So far my list is coming along though...

A gold bug
A black cat
A purloined letter
A magnifying glass
Cask of Amontillado
Message in a bottle
A box with teeth
A model of an air balloon?
A heart (under glass?)
A jar of eyes (or one eye?)

Previewed the post and I really don't like how small the pictures are.  I suppose I'll have to get used to it.   I've got to go and dye my hair again.  My salon has reopened but for limited hours (which are during my workday) and they want me to sit in my car while my color sets.  Uhmm... no, thank you. I'll do it myself.  

I'm pretty pleased though, I think I'm almost done with the roombox if I don't decide to add a little table.  I have some more doors (1:1 size) to put together before I put another project on the table. Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend!




10 comments:

  1. The lights really add to the mood of this room but it's the plethora of BOOKS which make it the erie raven-haven that it is!
    The heart under glass and the books under the chaise with the abstinethe are FAB!
    My one suggestion would be that you try swapping the area rugs so that the lighter one is in the foreground, it will make the visual transitions smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila! For the cost of getting your hair dyed at a salon these days, they better let me develop in their Mercedes while I wait, lol!!!

    The lights and layout and details look amazing as is always the case with your magical touch! Have fun with the 1:1 DIY doors!

    As for the new Blogger platform, I struggled yesterday, too. I made this page to help you. LMK if there's anything else that has you struggling and I'll see if I can help. As for uploading multiple images... It just kept putting mine out of order so I don't have an answer there yet.

    http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/p/fur-babies.html

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Realmente la escena llega a término y con un ambiente muy interesante! me gustan las nuevas adiciones,ese corazón en la cúpula y las rosas son perfectos!La librería te ha quedado genial,se ve que los libros son la pasión del dueño!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Elizabeth reagarding to the carpets and lights, it determines the atmosphere in a room. Your new added accessories are awesome they have the right scary factor for this room. The whole room is excellent work!
    Stay safe, take care, Sheila!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. I love the books and the lights really add the character that brings the space to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking so great! I'd say I love the heart in the jar, but I'm not sure love is the right word. :-) It does look good, though, and is so perfect for this build. I DO love all the books, and the brooding atmosphere you have created. I have not tried the new blogger yet. It doesn't sound like an improvement, though. Ugh! Thank you for persevering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wonderful project is almost completed and everything looks perfect. The heart in the jar, spider, lights all add to the gloomy atmosphere. So much thought about every single detail.
    I, too, dislike the new Blogger when it comes to installing the photos. I liked it better when I could see them and decide which one goes in first. It's always difficult to adjust to changes.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the atmosphere you're creating here, Sheila. It looks amazing. Looking through the other comments though I am starting to get really nervous about switching to the new blogger. I know that soon, I won't have a choice so I think I'll go read Jodi's suggestions! Good luck to us all!. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheila! I, like the others am nervous about the new blogger... I hadn't been aware there was going to BE a new blogger until I was posting the other night! (Lost in the time warps again, I suppose!) I hate being pushed into a new platform.... grrr!
    But enough whining! Your details are accumulating and making an awesome atmosphere in this room! The lights are always so important... I'm glad they are not too bright... Old fashioned lighting is so much dimmer than electric lights and it is hard to get the right amount for the authentic feel. The heart in the jar... gives me the creeps.... so it is probably just right! LOL! (I'm a real sissy!) The spider is a good touch... maybe there should be some cobwebs in a corner? And the shelves are looking great! I can't wait to see all the assembled parts together! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I repeat myself - but I really love all the details you add! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete