Saturday, November 28, 2015

Stucco!

For some people Black Friday is when you go out at zero dark thirty to wait in line and get bargains.  That is so not me.  That will never be me.  As far as I'm concerned, this is a four day weekend that means I don't have to ever leave my house.  I should have gone and gotten my nails done and didn't because I was busy with the dollhouse.

Thanksgiving and Black Friday I used wood putty and plaster to fill in any little cracks and areas where the house wasn't quite structurally sound looking.

Then I used the Dollhouse Stucco to give the plaster and wood some texture.  I was really pleased with how it turned out. 

The texture isn't very easy to see here.


I like the contrast between the black around the windows and the off-white of the stucco and then the dark brown of the siding. 

I'm adding the trim around the garage and windows today and tomorrow.  Then it's back to the roof garden/patio and the details of the decorating.  And at some point I need to make a railing for the balcony.  That means another trip to Hobby Lobby for some wood or dowels.  I'm thinking squared posts and brass rails.  Simple so nothing looks too cluttered.

But that's for another day.  Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, you are making so much progress so fast. I like the contrast of the colors too, you made smart choices.

    ReplyDelete