Sunday, January 7, 2018

Moving Day

I've been more than a little worn out this weekend. It's been a long week at work and I finally got caught up with everything that had to be done.  So I tried to get some sleep on Saturday morning.  I sort of succeeded.

But once I actually woke up I began my project.

You recall the Building Inspector's apprentice and his imitation of the Building Inspector.  That, along with the issue of finding a place for the Craftsman Tiny House, pushed me to do some moving around.

I finally got all the books back in the bookcases and then began rearranging some shelves.  So now the houses are less easy for the cats to jump on or knock down in an attempt to jump on top of them.

I moved NOLA House into the guest room.  If I'd been thinking I would have moved the bookshelf so I could see the front door of the house rather than having it against the wall.  If I get ambitious next weekend I still might.


I really should have gotten a bigger bookcase.

The empty shelf where it was has been the spot of much exploration by every cat except Helo.  He's more interested in the abandoned chair.


As you can see I haven't cleaned up a whole lot more.  First I needed to make sure nothing was going to get destroyed.

Then I moved the Fairytale Cottage to one of my bookshelves in the living room.


It fits pretty well.  And the Building Inspector won't be pushing her face inside it.

And I'm sure I'll find something to put on the empty shelf where it used to be.


Once I get a closet cleaned out I'll probably move the Architect's Abode into it and put the Craftsman Tiny House where it is.

On Sunday morning I started to get sick again and so the rest of the day I spent on the couch.  My husband very kindly did not taunt me with spicy food or any other tantalizing scents that would make me want to eat and thus drive my system crazy all over again.

I'm excited though because I just checked out Susi's blog and found out that I won her giveaway.  Since I haven't really won anything in my life I'm going to enjoy this nice start to 2018.

Hope everyone else is having a safe and happy start to their New Year.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations lucky girl! I hope you are getting better. You have had a good start of the year, it is always a good sign to get organise for the year to come and it seems that the building inspector and its apprentice will need to find new spots to explore, away from your gorgeous houses. Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited.

      I have to get organized every year because I don't have a big workspace but this year its getting to be more of a squeeze.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh the old dollhouse shuffle which I know so well! ....
    Sorry to hear that you have been down for the count with a bug Sheila, but I trust that with plenty of rest you'll be back in the saddle again before too long.
    And my Congratulations to you on winning Susi's Giveaway- what a GREAT Way to begin feeling better; a Mini Cure for sure! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah slowly but surely I'll clear a workspace

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! And a big Thank You! When I lost my blog roll some time ago, I had to manually add in all the blogs I lost as using the "Blogs I'm Following" option is what made me lose them. MiniBase was one I'd lost and didn't realize until your post! I wonder how many more I am still missing?
    A winning streak and some organization is a great way to start the year off! I hope you keep it going and win some BIG fun all through the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've gotten to the point where if I see a blog I just start to follow it, rather than relying on my memory. But I also went through and saved a lot of them as bookmarks because I can't trust google anymore.

      I'm crossing my fingers that I do well in the Creatin' Contest for 2017. So far the year is off to a pretty good start.

      Delete
  4. I think we share the same taste based on some of the books on your shelves! I can't see the titles, but those book covers look very familiar. So fun to see all your dollhouses in their homes! I am so happy you put NOLA house in a safe place - I love NOLA house (as well as the craftsman cottage etc . . . ) So happy you won!

    ReplyDelete