So I made some more furniture and redid the wheels on my barn door.
It occurred to me that I needed a cabinet to keep pillows in so I nuked a hutch cabinet and removed the shelves from the top. I didn't like the brass hardware so I replaced it with bronze and added some casters to the bottom. I painted it with the same paint as the bathroom walls and then sanded the edges so it'll look a little worn out.
The idea is that all the furniture in the loft can be moved around except the murphy bed which'll fold up.
The next project started up because it occurred to me that our resident had no where to hang clothing. Of course now I'll need to make some clothing and hangers.
But I started with the moving closet. I took legs from a couple of House of Miniature candle stand kits and some pieces of wood. I used my dremel sanding head to add some curves and stained everything with cherry stain. Some brass pipe lengths and nails to make the rails and finish the ends and I had a clothing rack. I added casters to the bottom so it could be pushed out of the way when necessary.
Now I'll be looking up tutorials on how to make mini clothing on hangers but at least I have something to hang them on.
The wheels for my barn door had gotten loose and so the door was hanging oddly. Makin some thicker wheel braces and using toothpicks for the nails and axle seems to have done the trick.
It's a little weird in the picture, I wonder if I hung it wobbly.
I may add a bit more of the black to give the hangers some definition but I'm not sure yet.
But that's been my Saturday so far.
Here's a couple of shots of the loft.
One with the murphy bed up:
And one with it down:
I think since I've pretty much got the layout down I'll end up taking the house apart tomorrow so I can rout out the wire paths and start finishing the interior. I'm not looking forward to this. I'm still trying to figure out how to hide the wiring when I'm not using wallpaper.
Oh well. Have to bite the bullet sometime. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!