Sunday, September 23, 2012

One Step Forward Two Steps Back...So To Speak

So this was the weekend I was going to cut all my Plexiglas and get the case completed. 

As you may have guessed from the title this did not go according to plan.  I'm thinking I need a thinner/finer blade for the jigsaw in order to the cut Plexiglas because the blade I have did not work well.  See exhibit A below


Exhibit A
Obviously this is not a smooth clean cut as would be idea.

A little blurred but its obvious where the cracks are
So I'm obviously doing something wrong and since Plexiglas costs a pretty penny I'm not attempting anymore cuts until I've got a blade that will work.  I'm also going to look into some sort of acrylic glue so I can salvage the piece you see pictured here

If anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.  I'm so darn impatient to get going on the dollhouse and I can't until the case is done.  Frustrated is the understatement of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment