Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bits & Pieces

So this week I had a dentist appointment on Friday afternoon and spent the aftermath dealing with half of my face being numb.  I ended up unable to sleep and stayed up until nearly four in the morning.  For those of you who don't work with me, this problem of not being able to sleep tends to happen more often than I like.

Needless to say I didn't really get a whole lot done.  I did stop and get a couple of instruction books on wiring systems for dollhouses which will be helpful in determining what sort of system I'd like, if I want one at all.

My pal Linda from work, you remember Linda the lady of whom I have serious tool knowledge envy, is doing me the huge favor of cutting the rest of the Plexiglas because I'm now terrified to cut it on my own.  If you have questions as to why, see last weeks post. 

The plan to salvage the Plexiglas I cut last week is to get some acrylic glue and build a frame for the glass so I can use it as the lid for the case.  That way I won't have to cut it anymore and it won't matter that the edges are a little (a lot) rough. 

Luckily the wood I want for a frame won't be super expensive and I don't anticipate the glue being much worse.  When Linda gives me back the cut plexi on Monday I can start seriously putting everything together next weekend.

Haven't done much else, went to see Looper today. It was awesome... Joseph Gorden Levitt is amazing... love that man.  Thankful we got the real refs back for football so we can flip out about mistakes made through stupidity rather than incompetence, and I'm still writing fan fiction.

Next week is month end at my workplace so life will be hectic. 

By the way Linda told me not to thank her for her help until she'd actually gotten the Plexiglas cut.  But I don't think there's any harm in thanking her for the intent, even if it doesn't get done this weekend.  She's dieting so I'm not allowed to make her a cake or cookies as a thank you.  Acknowledging her mad skills in public will have to serve as figurative cookies.  Thanks Linda a whole ton for keeping me from ruining a lot of money's worth of Plexiglas.  You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment