Sunday, May 10, 2020

Chaise, Pillow & Drapes!

I don't feel like I've accomplished much this weekend though I did do a few things.  I've slept more than usual due to my ongoing recovery from the awful allergy/sinus/infection thing.  A change in antibiotics and I was at least able to go back to work for a couple days before the weekend started.

So I've been tired and really want to do nothing but sleep.

I've also had an issue with the post office.  I expected two packages with key things for the build on Tuesday and somehow the post office seems to have misplaced them.  It's been more than eight days in the same place so something has gone wrong.  Finally figured out how to inquire about them with the post office.  Incredibly thankful for the tracking numbers folks used when they shipped.

Without the things I've ordered I'm at a stalling point with the shelves and fireplace.  I need to put things on the shelves and fireplace before I glue them in because otherwise it's a nightmare to get everything on the shelves.

Still, I can work on other things so enough of my woes.

I did work more on the drapes and got them up over the windows.  I wanted some drapes pooling on the floor so I'm pretty happy with how things look so far.



To test out how things look I put the desk and bust in the room.



So far so good I think.  I picked out a fabric and started to work on the chaise kit I'd gotten from HBS Miniatures.  It's one of Kris's kits and the instructions are wonderful.


I didn't go with a purple because I didn't want it to be too matchy matchy with the drapes.  The blue fabric and muted pattern suits the moody look of the room so I think it works.

The instructions have directions for a pillow as well and micro beads to fill it.  I followed her instructions for the tassels but for the corded trim I did an embroidery stitch for the same effect.  I have bad luck with glue and embroidery silk.


This is what I did while I was waiting for my chaise legs to dry.


So I got the tassels onto the pillow and I like how it looks.


It looks pretty good.  So I tested it out on the chaise.


Added the legs and we're done!


I'm actually thinking I might break one of them on purpose and make a couple of books to put under it so it looks a little more broken down.

Maybe later.

So I tested it out in the room.


I like it so far.  I played a bit with the angles of the desk too.  I added white cardboard behind the sheers so make them look like the breeze is blowing them forward a bit.



Next step will be the desk chair with wheels to turn and stare at the raven on the bust.

But I did remember to open the door so you could see the knocker on the front.


That's pretty much my entire accomplishment for the week.  I've also been goofing around trying to do a video tour of Fine Print and realizing that I'm terrible at video.  More practice needed.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and that we can all get back to work and normalcy soon.


13 comments:

  1. Hi, how are you?
    I just got to know your blog and I have to say how delighted I am with it. I know your work is not ready, but still, how wonderful !! You have a lot of talent and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will look, but I know it will be something magnificent. Greetings from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sofa and pillow, if it could you would lay down lol!
    have a nice day,
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pesar de tu malestar,que espero que pronto te recuperes de tu alergia,has trabajado muy bien! Las cortinas quedan geniales y el diván con el cojín lucen perfectos en el conjunto!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've still accomplished a lot in this week, Sheila, the chaise longue and its well suiting pillow look beautiful, as well for the fabric as in making! Yes, Kris is one of the most talented miniatursist there is! I loved her instructions, they are very clear, even for people who don't speak well English as it is not their Mother tongue.
    Breaking one of the legs would be a nice idea for this room, but I can imagine that you wil think twice before doing it.
    So far this room looks amazing and beautiful as it is now.
    I hope you'll get better soon, stay healthy and take care, Sheila.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better now.
    As for goofing around you did quite a lot! The drapes look very nice. And I like the chaise colour a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad the new meds are helping! It is miserable to stay sick for so long and have to work and live through the symptoms!
    The draperies are fabulous! I love the billowing effect and it seems to be the perfect mood setter! The chaise came out awesome! I love Kris' kits!!! Your pillow looks so good! I have pillow envy!!! I love the solid feeling stature of the door and the knocker gives it a feel of fine quality!
    I hope your energy and vigor are totally renewed this week and that you can meet the benchmarks you want to. Hopefully, USPS will come through and your packages will show up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good the change of antibiotics helps you feel better. I wish you full and quick recovery.
    Everything you accomplished looks great. I'm looking forward for your next post.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a lot of accomplishments to me! Nice job on the window treatments and the chaise and pillow. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheila! I'm glad you are feeling better... and you got tons done for somebody who wasn't feeling well! The chaise looks fantastic! I love the dark color and the cushion looks perfect with the tassels. The drapes really do make the dramatic statement in this room... and with the furniture you can begin to really see how it will look all put together. I look forward to seeing the shelves decorated... you are working at a fast pace from where I sit! Get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awful that you are still not well! and just as awful that your packages have (had? - you may well have them by now...?) not arrived on time.
    Never the less, the progress is steady despite of it all. The drapes have come up a real treat - great to see them all in and I just love, love the way the chaise has turned out. The colour is just perfect and I do really love your idea of 'breaking a leg' and propping it up with books.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Anna X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful progress on the drapes and on the chaise with the slouchy throw pillow and I love how all three new elements look together and so far it appears to be Very Masculine- the ideal moody blue environment for a writer like Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are feeling better now. I love the chaise, the chosen colour goes really well with the room, I love the cushion too and your idea of a broken leg and some books is fantastic!! So far so good 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is coming along beautifully and keeping to the original concept

    ReplyDelete