All in all I'm pretty happy with how the weekend has progressed. I'm pretty much done with the book shop.
In no particular order I got my list completed.
Added the store sign. These were laser cut letters I got from Hobby Lobby and sanded down a bit to fit in my little sign area.
I painted them gold and then washed black metallic over it.
I added brick to the 'street' and entryway of the front.
I gave the brick herringbone look a try for the entryway. It's not as pretty as Brae's but not bad for a first attempt.
I wanted to wrap stone around the corners and thankfully I had a bunch of my 'stone' left from the WQRC. So I cut it into rectangles and used corner trim as my base to attach the 'stone' to the front of the house.
Jodi suggested drawing the curtains of the living quarters back which wasn't as easy as it sounds because I'd glued them in place but I managed to get pull backs in place.
Shingles were...as usual a pain in the butt. I got them on, and remembered after the first row that my hot glue gun is a better bet for making them stay. I made flashing out of tin foil.
I decided to go with a slate look. A lot easier with the texture the wood shingles come with, a layer of black, then different greys dry brushed over the black.
Plug in the rest of the lights. My outlet strip and transformer arrived and thankfully I didn't need anymore.
And make a coatrack maybe... I ended up buying one since I found a nice one cheap and dug out a bonnet from my stash to hang on it.
A couple other things I did... I made some pens and ink bottles for the desk to go with the paperwork and ledger.
I spent some time today adding the storefront carriage lights and making a mother of pearl brush.
My shop keeper needs to wash the windows and sweep. But apart from that I just need to clean up my work area so I can take pictures and I'll be all done and ready to enter.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!