Sunday, July 28, 2019

Maybe An Etsy Shop? Oh, And Books

I've mentioned before that I've been toying with the idea of an Etsy shop.  To do some minis and a few other things I make.  I got such a great response to my Christmas Lantern last year that it seemed feasible.

And of course I've been making books.

This is the lantern I started last week, I got the light to work and it's officially done.


Since my work on the Creatin' Contest kit is limited to filling my bookshelves for the moment I've been doing books, and while waiting for them to dry I work on my lanterns.

I started another this weekend, and I'm nearly done with it.  My husband said it reminded him of the houses Joanna Gaines does on Fixer Upper.  Which is cool as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing is glued in yet, I need to find some of my little glasses and make some milk to go with the dessert.











I made the little chair and table and tree skirt. I want to add a bit more of the gray to the chair before I glue it in.

The geraniums are from Keli and the train is from Hobby Lobby.  I put crackle medium on it and then coated it with white paint.

It should only take me another half a day to finish this one.

And here are my more books.



I think what I need to do is start cutting out the books on weeknights for an hour or so.  That could speed up my progress on weekends.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. The white lantern is lovely - I do hope you go ahead with the Etsy shop. I made a grand total of nine books during yesterday's thunderstorm and decided only four were good enough to keep. You definitely have my vote as Queen of the Mini-Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very persnickety about how nice they look on the sides since the spines are really all that will show.

      I'm thinking it's very likely I'll do the shop. I just need to build up some stock for it.

      Delete
  2. I love the white background color in the new Christmas lantern! It just makes the colors pop and feels so fresh! The little details like the bows around the top make it so much fun! I can't wait to see all of the lanterns you create for your shop because I bet you are just bursting with ideas to try!
    And books... all I can say there is ugh. Little bites at a time each evening is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a bit at a time. I feel like I need the shelves filled before I can do a ton more. So the lanterns are a good way to do other things.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it great that you have something to work on to provide a bit of variety from those endless books? :-) I am loving those lanterns. Yes, you do need some milk beside your treats, though. I particularly like the garland going around the outside of the second one (the white one). It just looks so incredibly festive! Have you though about adding a little music box element? Not sure if that's possible, but it would be very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need milk. Looking into scale glasses and how to make milk.

      I was thinking about doing something like a music box but I'd need to see how big they end up being and where I could fit them in.

      Delete
  4. Although JULY seems a little early, it IS good to get a jumpstart on Christmas and after all - why not??? ;D

    and Your mini book production is a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is early, but I need to get going on them or people won't be able to purchase them in time for gift giving.

      More cutting of book covers tonight.

      Delete
  5. Preciosos los faroles navideños,especialmente la guirnalda!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lanterns, especially the second one with the decorated tree. Great idea working on them and the books alternatively.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drora! I'm hoping to do a few other things besides Christmas themes.

      Delete
  7. The white lantern is so lovely - I hope you go ahead with your Etsy shop. And those books <3 They are so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your lanterns. They are so beautiful.
    And books look really great.
    I keep my fingers crossed about the Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete