Friday, February 23, 2018

Its Here!

You guys you have no idea how impatient I've been waiting for this kit!  I think I got spoiled with the kits arriving so quickly the last two years.

I just got home from work though so I haven't had time to take it out of the box and play with it yet.

The not so glamorous view.


Also arriving in the mail are things to live inside it.

A loom kit, Tudor style, from SDK Miniatures.


They didn't have it in stock, only a 1/2 scale loom but when I messaged them they said they had kits or built looms and which would I like!  So I'm going to try a kit and see how it goes.  This'll be fun.

And from Minimum World...


They're having a crazy awesome sale on barewood furniture and I splurged a little bit.  More and more I like having the ability to tailor furniture to what I'm building and barewood is a great way to do that.

Plus shipping to the US is free if you order fifty bucks or more worth of stuff.  Very cool.

That's pretty much it for me at the moment.  I've got to make some room on my table for the kit and figure out what I want to do for the base.  I love the idea of doing water up against one side of the house., so I need to figure that out a bit.  Do I want to have a front garden attached to the house or build it separately so I can store it elsewhere?  Or do I want it all attached to each other?  Careful planning required here folks.

Opinions?

15 comments:

  1. I bet you are so happy that it arrived on a Friday so you'd have all weekend to get started!
    The components look like so much fun, and I bet you'll make them into spectacular pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! I'm glad it's arrived and yes on a Friday.. even better. :) I love Minimum World. That free shipping can't be beat! I'm going to head over and check out that sale. Have fun playing this weekend and don't forget to show us the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited. I'm going to play with it today!

      Delete
  3. So much fun, we've all got the latest toy!

    Remember, in your excitement, that you don't design the base to large to fit through a doorway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have it :-)! Have a lot of fun! I look forward to following your progress on this new project :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think my excited shrieks were echoing off my porch throughout the neighborhood yesterday.

      Delete
  5. Glad to read that the kit (and more ;O) finally arrived, Sheila, now you can make lots of plans for this kit! Have fun!!
    Kind regards, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited. Now I get to figure out if any of the walls need cutting or if I'm going to be working with other mediums to recreate them rather than try to cut MDF

      Delete
  6. Hi Sheila! I am drooling already when looking at that loom kit! I love this era you are planning! And the barewood pieces look great... hmmmm maybe I need to go shopping! LOL! I can't wait to see what your plans become...! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's two of you shopping now. Minimum World needs to send me a coupon.

      I'm really excited about that loom, I can't tell you how much. I'm cleaning up my workspace now to make some room for the kit.

      Delete
  7. Can’t wait to see when you open the box! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete