Saturday, February 24, 2018

All Lit Up

Just a quick little post to show you the Craftsman Tiny House at night.  I went in and turned on all the lights and then turned off the lights in the 1:1 house.









I was taking pictures with my cell phone so they're not the greatest but you get the idea right?  I sat and looked at it from my living room and was so happy.

And Keli left a comment on my last post about my new build and door widths.  For some reason the comment didn't show up but I couldn't stop giggling when I got it in my email.  Here it is.

iseecerulean noreply-comment@blogger.com

1:35 AM (7 hours ago)
to me
iseecerulean has left a new comment on your post "Its Here!":

So much fun, we've all got the latest toy!

Remember, in your excitement, that you don't design the base to large to fit through a doorway. :)



Posted by iseecerulean to Shenandoah & Stuff at February 24, 2018 at 1:35 AM

She was, of course, alluding to my issue getting the Architect's Abode into the closet for storage.  At least I think she was.  I mentioned that right?  Wow, lack of sleep really makes me a little goofy.

Anyway, in case I didn't, when attempting to move the Architect's Abode out of my main workspace, I realized that it wouldn't fit through the closet doorway.  I had to cut an inch off the front of the base to get it to fit.  This was after I'd taken the door off the hinges.



But I did manage to get it in the closet and now it lives there happily, free from the Building Inspector's investigations.

That is why I'm trying to keep the dimensions of the Wicked Queen's Retirement Cottage manageable.  It's not very wide so that's good.  I want the width of the base a bit larger than the cottage itself but not by a lot.  I've got some ideas for it.

Here's our last look at the Craftsman Tiny House for a while.


I'm more awake now that I've written something and had some caffeine. So I'm going to go play with my new kit!



8 comments:

  1. It looks so cool! I love the pictures, especially the first one!
    Hahaha, measure very carefully for the Queen's cottage!
    Have a lot of fun with the kit :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always very excited when electricity works.

      Delete
  2. LOL
    I said that because I've almost been guilty of it and thought i saw you headed the same direction.

    Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I've been there before! So yes, you're totally right to caution me.

      I've got to be careful with this one but I think it'll be all right. No more massive builds until I have double doors. LOL

      Delete
  3. Nice pictures, Sheila, atmospheric!
    Yes, what we all do for our doll houses......before you know it, your enthusiasm is too big (read dimensions of your doll house), huh ;O LOL!
    Have a nice weekend,
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!

    Very true. These days I'm kind of nuts about measuring.
    Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. the cottage looks so sweet with the lights on.. I wonder who's home? :)
    Eee.. I'm sure I'll encounter this problem of a base being to large at some point. I'm going to keep this post in mind everytime I start a new build. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with how it looks.

      Just measure any door you might want to bring the house through before you finalize the base measurements. That always helps.

      Delete