Thursday, December 28, 2017

Very Bad Habits

You're all familiar with the Building Inspector.  My adorable little calico Tali Zorah Vas'Normandy.

You've all seen pictures of her doing Things She Should Not.  I give you Exhibit A

By the way she was up there again last night when I got out of the shower.

Tali is older than Jack by a couple of years at least.  But Jack doesn't let that deter him from spending time with her.  He thinks she is very cool.

This can be a double edged sword.  She teaches him to hunt bugs and look out the windows and cuddle on the couch and chair. 

She's also (apparently) been teaching him some bad habits.

I was already at work this morning when I got a series of slightly blurry photos from my husband, taken on his phone.  The only explanation I got via text was 'Someone's been teaching him bad habits'.

You be the judge.

Here he's clearly trying to figure out how he's supposed to get to the roof of NOLA House.




And the retreat when he gets caught by my husband.
So.  I now have the Building Inspector and her Apprentice/assistant.

Thank God I've managed to make most of the builds enclosed so they can't crawl inside.

13 comments:

  1. Does your grocery store sell things in those plastic net bags in the vegetable department? I save those for lemon & orange rinds. Cats HATE that smell!!! Two tiny bags (made out of that netting with a string connecting them) placed over the rooftops might be just the thing to teach them it isn't a good place for kitties. :-) Just let your cat smell a lemon. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the net bags but I do have access to red pepper flake... And I can make a few little bags of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muslin bags of lemon rind. I PROMISE that is the cure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. If you build it, they will come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to say it Sheila but from now on you are simply going to have to clad the exterior of your builds in carpeting. Finish and enclose the insides however you desire, but the exterior belongs to them. Us humans take forever to learn these things, no matter how many times our furry friends attempt to demonstrate them. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my experience they don´t do much damage, so I let them explore a little bit. When they are satisfied they go away but if your lucky they can make the roof of a house their favourite spot lol. I am lucky because I have my houses in a room I can lock every night. So no useful advice here. I wish you a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Building Inspector has a problem with the ivy, she keeps trying to pull it off. We're thinking of moving them into a room with a door.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure it's not a laughing matter but I couldn't help myself. The photos are too cute. Cats are inquisitive, it's in their genes.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I love them to death and they're adorable but I really don't want to come home and find one of my dollhouses crashed to the floor.

      Delete
  8. Oh my! Yes, I have the same problem although my beasts, I mean, cats like to also chew the windows and trim!
    I have had to move the majority of my houses to the basement and some into rooms where we can shut the doors at night. The houses that are out where the cats can get to them are cat friendly on the exterior (meaning no trim, fancy windows, or greenery!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, there's a reason the Craftsman has removable flowers. They all live inside the enclosed house so the cats can't kill them.

      Delete