Wednesday, December 6, 2017

One More Try

I fussed with the fur grass some more this evening, washing some of the paint out of the fur and trimming it down some.

It's a bit fluffier and there's more color variation which is pleasing but I'm still not sure about it.

I'll probably have to buy something to use as grass for my little yard in front of the house if I really hate how this looks.

Took a few pictures...but more and more it feels like Nancy's right, 'as seen from outer space' indeed.





The edges of the piece got more paint on them, and I can probably trim those off but I'm not convinced it'll look realistic enough.

10 comments:

  1. Still think you should try cutting some smaller sections and plant them in context to the build. Might make visual sense then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much improved!!!!! I like it.

    But the real question, and it plagues all of us as we create, can you live with it! Or will you stare at it endlessly (and then decide say, midnight one night to go crazy and rip it up, not like I’ve done that kinda stuff before...).

    But I like it. And it photographs well. It now has the colouring of the summer theme grass mat I bought at Michael’s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with some creative cutting and messing around with how I put it on the board it might work.

      I'm shamelessly cheating by looking at Brae's blog to see what she used for some of her builds and if I get really aggravated I'll probably order grass mats.

      Delete
  3. Call me the odd one out, but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's growing on me. I think some lumps under it and a few bare patches maybe... and some winterized flowerbeds will help the illusion.

      Delete
  4. Agreed, I think it will look good. I am not sure if it was a large section it would work, but if it is broken up with flower beds, a few weeds, paths, etc, it willd be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a tutorial on how to make dirt out of coffee grounds so some of that, some mulch...

      More work.

      Delete
  5. Oh! I'm less demanding! It seems to me that this is very nice and similar. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping with the appropriate dirt and pathways it'll look appropriate.

      Delete