Sunday, June 5, 2016

Title To Be Named Later

I swear the hardest part of writing posts is coming up with a catchy title.  As you can see I really hadn't a clue on this one.

I did a lot of work this weekend.  Lots of little things.  I'm working on the interior window panes.  Which are painful. (Ha, punny.)  But I've gotten them all cut and glued.  All ten of them.

See? I have proof.

Okay so there are only two shown.  But I got ten done.  Four double windows and two single windows.  I have to work on the door windows next.  I need more wood strips for that.

I did a few other things too. Got the pediments painted and aged.

I got the balcony supports painted and aged too.  Here's a close up of them.

I also finished the bathroom window, complete with pebbled glass.  I'm pretty pleased with how it looks considering I had to practically build it from scratch.  It looks a little rickety and bent.  I kinda like it that way.

I also started on the parlor and dining room walls.  I'm pleased to say they look a little more finished now.  This wall divides the front room from the kitchen.

Here's another wall, almost dry, the front of the house.

Once I get the window panes for the inner windows glued in and painted I'll be able to insert them in the walls and get them trimmed out.

So far I'm pleased with how everything looks. 


  1. This is looking good Sheila. All the colours work beautifully, and lots of great details.

    1. Thank you! I'm pretty pleased with how the wainscoting is turning out. Lots of work but worth it in the end I think.