Thursday, April 21, 2016

Waffling on Wallpaper

Okay, so you all remember the wallpaper I chose (and purchased) for the bedroom right?

Cue visual reminder.



It's pretty and colorful and will look bright and cheerful in the bedroom.

But I've been wondering if it's a little too modern for this house.  The first floor has a lot of wood tones and then pops of red to brighten it up with the black and white toile wallpaper.  And the kitchen is inspired by Minaturas Modernas gorgeous roombox.  There's a traditional and industrial version and I can't decide which I like best.  But I want to do open shelving on one wall with exposed brick behind it.

So I've been rethinking my choice of wallpaper for the bedroom.  And then I found this.


It's a little more feminine than I pictured the room being at first.  But I love that deep pink and the subtle greens.  It also has a faded quality to it that I like.  The way the greens seem to disappear into the background.  And the offwhite background might be more forgiving with various wood tones than the starker brown branches and white of the first paper.

Plus the last bedroom I did was sooooo unisex.  Brown and green and natural wood tones.

So now I have to decide.  What do you folks think?

Oh! I also got to the store yesterday and got my crackle medium!  Crackling will commence this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment