Thursday, June 11, 2020

What Happened In May

In May a lot of stuff happened.  Heather from HBS Miniatures asked if I'd do a live tour of Fine Print for their Instagram.  Today it went live.  So very exciting.

Here are the links:


I don't consider myself very good at video.  You all have seen my photography which in some cases is only worthy of the name because I used a camera.

But I hope you all enjoy it.

The other thing that happened in May was MayMiniMakers which was started by @littletreasuretrunks over on Instagram.  I highly encourage everyone to check them out!

So I thought I'd put up all the pictures I posted on Instagram for each day.


Day 1, What Do I Mini,  I love magic things.


Day 2, Photography, Photography squared.


Day 3, Where In the World Am I, Where do I mini? Somewhere in north Texas.


Day 4, Star, My star, the sun at the center of the WQRC ornery in her observation tower room.


Day 5, What I did today. Couch, TV, laptop, reading, tissues and cats. Obviously, I was still sick.


Day 6, Rainbow, The closest I have to a rainbow. The spun thread and drying racks in the WQRC workroom.



Day 7, pink. Part 1. Funnily enough I don't have a lot of pink in my minis. I should get more.


Day 7, part 2, pink. The bed and chair for part 1.



Day 8, two of a kind. The chairs from Kris's kit at @hbsminiatures .


Day 9, tools. Some of my tools.


Day 10, dark, The WQRC all lit up in the dark.


Day 11, teeny tiny, Relatively speaking, these are tiny to me. Bringing them to work to convince someone that yes she can do mini art.



Day 12,close up, Remy got into the laundry basket again. NOLA house bathroom.


Day 13, Fruity,


Day 14, Throwback Thursday, the first Dollhouse I built when I picked this hobby back up again after 20 years absence. It predates the building inspector but as you can see, my girl Miho has that duty covered.


Day 15, baby soft, Leave it to a cat to find the softest spot in the house. Pillows by @otterinesminiatures, cat and toy by @maysi.art


Day16, floral, The flower garden front yard of the Craftsman Tiny house.
My sources for the birds and birdbath.



Day 17, light, My Tide pod container laundry room. The light is a crystal drawer handle.


Day 18, Splash of color, The feature wall of my first contest build. Fabric as wallpaper.


Day 18, Color splash, part 2, Happy birthday to me. Dishes are from @jodihippler Shapeways shop.


Day 19, Stripes, Had to go all the way back to my first build. Gothic Victorian second floor hallway.


Day 20, metallic, We're doing 'wayback Wednesday ' for this, to the kitchen backsplash of my first contest build.


Day 21, a miniature mini, making a miniature Dollhouse.


Day 22, Fit for a fairy, My tiny fairy tale lantern


ay 23, a collection, I love these mid-century modern chairs. I might have a small hoarding problem.


Day 24, what inspires me, It might be odd but nothing inspires me more than a new kit. It's like a blank slate and I love imagining what it could be.


Day 25, blues, Blue is one of my favorite colors. Soothing but visually interesting. So here's a collage of some of my blue in my builds.


Day 26, texture, It might seem simple at first but the WQRC bed has so many textures. The curtains are satiny with soft tassels and cord to hold them back. The blanket is a slightly nubby woven fabric. The sheets are an antique handkerchief, soft with a slightly rougher feel to the lace. And the throw is a luxurious mink. A Lot of work went into Cecelia's bed.


Day 27, scale, so I took this a little too literally?



Day 28, flat lay, I had to look this up because I had no clue what it meant. A while back I bought a ton of flowers on Ebay and this seemed like a good time to show them off.


Day 29, Paperclip challenge, The hangers in the loft of the Craftsman Tiny house, all made from rubber coated paperclips. 



Day 30, pattern, I have tons (maybe not literally, but a lot) of fabric. I used to sew more than mini pieces. And I can't (or won't try to) resist the fabric section of the store. I love a mix of patterns and textures to decorate a mini house. Fun but interesting to look at.



Day 31,What's next? 

Honestly not sure. I want to finish the Downtown Loft but I also really want to do another room box and do a music room. 


In other news, I'm almost done with Poe's roombox and I'm excited to do something else next!

Hope everyone is having a great week!


12 comments:

  1. What a lot to see great work!
    have a nice day,
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Sheila, this is quite an impressive list of what "happened in May", so nice to see back again parts of projects, or new mini stuff. Thank you for sharing, I've not heard of this before.
    So, now I am so very curious to see your Poe's roombox, I can't wait to see it!!
    Since yesterday afternoon, I'v been 'forced' to use the new Blogger concept, I noticed that I couldn't upload my pictures anymore in the old version. But now it has also given me troubles for following/commenting on blogs, although they do show up in my readers list... I couldn't open your blog's link, so I've come to you in another way, by opening a comment of you. I really have no idea how this new concept works, but it's absolutely not working good for me. So, if you don't receive this comment, I'm sorry, I'll try to see how it can work again for me, I'll do my utterly best!!
    Stay safe, take care, dear Sheila, and thank you for this treat of pictures, loved seeing back them all!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely fabulous May review, Sheila. I did follow (or try to) the MayMiniMakers. Instagram is great and the challenge did look like a lot of fun, but this complete rundown is so much better.
    Like Ilona, I have not heard of Poe's roombox so now you have me very curious.
    Stay safe and mini on,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a Really Neat post Sheila and I've enjoyed your past projects retrospective and revisiting all of your WONDERFUL HBS entries along with smaller projects that I hadn't seen before. I also enjoyed your FB virtual tour of FINE PRINT which was Grand which allowed me to fully appreciate some of the tinier details which I didn't see the first time around, i.e. the afghan throw at the end of the brass bed which is PERFECT ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the video tour and it was so much fun to see every picture you did for MayMiniMakers! I only got to see some of them on Instagram in May. Seeing shots from all the past builds was a really fun walk down memory lane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great body of work! I enjoy your posts on here and on Instagram. I find it hard to keep up with both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila. Very impressed at all you got done but also tat you stuck to posting every day! Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was nice to see "flash-backs" of your work and the great video of FINE PRINTS.
    The sum-up of your May activities is very impressive.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impresionante todo el trabajo de mayo,buen fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delight to see the video. (And it's always fun to hear someone's voice. 😊) Also enjoyed the retrospective of May Minimakers. I saw them as they were posted, but loved seeing them all together. What a wonderful May you had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! I even missed a whole post!!! The many things you highlighted in your instagram pictures show the truly varied and creative mini maker you are! I love the glimpses of your creations.... some I had not seen before! What a lot of fun! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing. All the pictures are great, I think your interpretation is wonderful. And the detail, the details... :)

    ReplyDelete