Saturday, October 7, 2017

Small Morning Project

So this morning I opened a couple of packages I'd gotten from Etsy and found the first of my Tiny Craftsman resident's wardrobe pieces.  I have in mind that this house is located up north, maybe outside of Chicago where I grew up, so sweaters are a necessity.

Miniature Sweater Ornament // Hand Knit Luxury Wool // Sparkly Silver // Ugly Sweater Party Gift // Unique Party GIft // Mini Knit // Doll

Miniature Sweater Ornament// Mini Sweaters // Black White Tan Brown // Minis // Dollhouse Doll Miniatures / Womens Gifts / Unique / Handmade

I'm planning on making a few 'display' pieces of clothing, slacks hanging over a hanger, maybe a shirt or two depending on how ambitious I get.  I've got my clothing rack already.


So I needed to make some hangers.

I found a tutorial on Pinterest to make miniature hangers out of paperclips.  (And every time I try to link to it something goes wrong so my apologies.)  I have some silver paperclips but I really wanted the colorful hangers that you buy in bulk at Walmart.  So I used my rubber covered color paperclips.

I'll admit it, I sat on the couch this morning and watched Fixer Upper and made hangers.

They didn't turn out badly.



I won't necessarily use all of them but I wanted to have enough to fill the rack.  Just in case.

The sweaters I bought came with their own pretty hangers but they weren't quite to scale so I put the sweaters on my homemade hangers.  They work pretty well.


I'll probably pin the sleeves down so they look a little more realistic.

I got the sweaters from Dragonfly Knit Designs on Etsy.  They're so cute!  Can't get over them.

I can be pretty lazy when it comes to sewing so I'd love to buy a bunch more clothes but we have to have a plumber out to the house on Monday so there will be some economizing going on for a while.  I have a very bad feeling about Monday.

In order to put that out of my mind I'm going to do some research on roofing and figure out a color for my shingles.  Not sure if I have enough of them or not.  Might have to buy a bag or so at Hobby Lobby on my way home from work next week.  I thought I had another bag around somewhere so I need to hunt them down along with my wire before I go spending money.

And I'll spend part of my day working on my chimney and figuring out the front porch with hits steps and columns.

What are the rest of you doing today?

13 comments:

  1. I'm spackling, priming, painting, and drinking bourbon today.

    The hangers are too cute! Maybe soak the sweaters in some liquid starch, then hang them. You may need to pin the sleeves down while they dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're trying to not drink since we also eat badly when we drink. But oh is it tempting.

      Thanks! I was wondering if that would work. Have to see how it goes with the starch. The knit is bulky enough that if I need to I could keep them pinned it the starch isn't enough.

      I'm also gluing a lamp back together since it suffered from Cat! predations this past week.

      Delete
    2. Eat badly...I hadn't thought of that. Add that to my to-do list for today. Provided I have any bad food. May have to go shopping.

      Delete
    3. LOL, well the lamp is glued together again and drying. Hmm...bad food...chips...ice cream...pizza...

      It's a good thing I don't like to leave the house on Saturdays or I'd be in real trouble.

      Delete
  2. Your hanger turned out great. The mini sweaters are lovely and look nice on the colorful hangers.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They didn't take long...probably would have been quicker if I hadn't been watching TV at the same time. LOL

      Delete
  3. The sweaters are so fun! Love the colors you chose! The hangers turned out really good! They look great on the rack!
    Sending you good and happy wishes for Monday. Older houses are full of untimely surprises. :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like how they look. Working on a few little things for the living room now. Then I'll look into a few more pieces of clothing to make.

      Delete
    2. Untimely surprises. That's a good way to put it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. They are very cute Sheila, and a good price! Sometimes it is just not worth doing something yourself when someone can do it quickly and well and charge a great price for doing so. They really suit the theme/decor too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked them but I don't really need more sweaters. So I need to make somethings to look like skirts and pants.

      Delete
  5. Great work on the hangers, and those sweaters are delightful! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have no knitting skill so the sweaters were a great find.

      Delete