I started with the bathroom since it needed fixtures that were smaller and would fit in the corner. Then came the issue of how to divide the bathroom from the rest of the upstairs. A full wall would be too bulky and end up being more door than wall. Plus I used the same scrapbook paper on the whole upstairs so the idea of dividing it up didn't appeal to me.
I had a metal folding screen but I didn't like how it looked, It was too big, and stuck out where the roofline would be on the opening of the house. So I started with some thin cardboard and cut it to mimic the lines of the roof. Then I glued on paper and wood. I didn't want to stain it darker so I just added polyurethane polish to the wood.
I like how it came out, it's not perfect but it's right for the house.
It fits in nicely under the roof.
I had a bunch of battery lights that I'd bought last year and kept for the house. So I figured out where I wanted them and glued the magnets in place. It took a while for the glue to dry so while that was happening I went through my furniture for some kitchen fixtures.
I had a little Ruetter Porcelain sink and a half fridge, so I only needed a stove and a counter. I plan to paint them white and make a countertop for the fridge.
Here's my layout so far with the lights added in.
I'm planning to make a bed that's fairly low to the ground, and a little table to go behind the stove and fridge. It has to be narrow or it'll take up too much space.
I wondered about using the dark furniture for the living room area but I like the contrast against the light walls. There's a settee that matches the chairs and I'm debating seeing how it looks and one chair to go with it. Not sure. It's just fun to play around.
I got a tripod for my camera and as soon as we get some sun I'm planning on taking pictures of NOLA House outside. We've had rain most of the weekend so far so I haven't wanted to bring the house outside.
But that's what I've been up to this week. Hope everyone is having a good time.