Thursday, December 22, 2016

2017 Creatin' Contest Sneak Peak!

Miniatures.com, being the tempting folks that they are, sent an email with a sneak peak of the 2017 catalog.  Which they say is on its way to us in the mail.  I can only hope.

On the cover, what do you suppose they have?

Oh... I guess the Post title kinda gave it away huh?

But you're right.  So I did a little print screening and cutting and pasting and got a couple of pictures for all of you.

And me because I really am curious.


I like the different levels...though the home owner in me cringes at the flat roof over the little bump out. 



And here's the interior they showed. 



I love the book shelves over the bathroom door.

And on their site the blog has Fran talking about the process of creating the new kit and gives us a teaser pic of her front door.


Here's a blurb of what she wrote about the details.  "We don’t want to give away too much just yet, but we think you’re really going to like this one. It’s about the same size as the 2015 kit but has features we’ve never offered before: There are four full walls and a removable roof that can keep everything safe from dust and curious fingers (or paws) but with a skylight and plenty of windows to show off the scene inside. (And don’t worry; if that fourth wall is just too closed in for you I’ll share an easy bash to keep it removable.) "

I have to admit the closed in kit is something I really like.  That's always a headache for me, figuring out how to protect what I'm building.  The slanted roof and bump out make me want to do something small scale, with a little loft rather than a full second floor.  Could be a lot of fun, keeping the footprint small and give me room for other projects as well.  I want to see how well I do with a couple things going at once.  Or if that's just not really my style of working.

Hope you enjoyed this little sneak peak and I can't wait to see how many of us just have to try out this kit!

P.S.

Ah!  Found the page with the measurements.  Helps when you can read the little print finally. 


I'm excited!  At least it gives us an idea of how we can do a floor layout.

6 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the Greenleaf kit from a few years ago. Who knows, I may do something similar to what I did with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it really does. I like it. Just not sure about doing a huge project with this one. Something smaller sounds more appealing. Something easy to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very similar to the 2012 greenleaf spring fling build (the roof line). Keli's right.

    Here's to 2017 challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't in any place to do contests back then so this'll be kinda fun. Have to see about it.

      Love that it's enclosed. That's a relief.

      Delete
  4. I'm excited it's more modern. I'll have my thinking cap on for the next few weeks before I commit. Who am I kidding? I'll probably have it ordered by the new year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I already ordered mine. I just like how it looks.

      Delete