The one thing I don't care for with this type of kit is the constant measuring of the trim, painting it and then adding it to the dollhouse. I suppose if I were more organized I could cut it all at once and label everything then paint it. But with cats who like to play with spare pieces of wood...that isn't always something that'll work.
However I did finally get the house trimmed up. Now I'm just working on the staircase. Before I put that in I'll add some narrow crown molding to the lower floor, maybe. Still not sure about that.
I'm definitely pleased I went with the shingles and the second coat of paint over them darkened them up nicely.
I'm thinking of a custom made bed for the upstairs simply because everything I find premade just looks too big or too high. Something low to the ground with a short headboard would work better.
The first floor...I think I'll need to make some kitchen cabinets with a half fridge. I've got a sweet little stand alone porcelain sink that I think will be perfect. That's for after I get the stairs in.
Sorry this is such a picture heavy post. But I've got the Architect's Abode moved so I have workspace on the table again. I'm going mess around with the new contest kit later and see how it works.
Wish me luck!