Thursday, May 24, 2012

All Fired Up! Sortof...

Well...this is awkward.

I don't know if anyone else has really...noticed this, but a blank page is pretty intimidating.  Here I am, all set to write and tell the world all about my new blog and what I'll be doing and why I started it and...

Whew.  Okay let's slow it down for a minute because just rereading that first paragraph has me hyperventilating.  I'm Sheila.  I live in Texas.  I love writing.  I work in an accounting department. (Yeah I know, talk about a difference between vocation and avocation.)  But as the poet says, 'my object in living is to unite' so I've been doing my best to make both sides of my life come together a little more smoothly.

Towards that end...I bought a dollhouse.  And I'll be putting it together and trying to post pictures of the work in progress. 

A dollhouse is how you reconcile writing and accounting?  Yeah, sounds kinda odd right?  Well if you know me, then you know odd is the only way my brain really works.  And if you don't know me... well, welcome to my crazy life and enjoy the ride.

By the way, we can all blame my pal Rita for this because it was her idea for me to blog about my dollhouse.  So we'll see how this goes.

Here's a picture of the dollhouse I bought.  I will not be painting mine that odd color.



So there's my goal.  And undoubtedly I'll be putting other things in here, I can't work on the dollhouse twenty-four/seven much as I'd like it.  I've got a couple of other places I post things, fanfiction I've written and poetry and such.  I'll figure out how to put those links up eventually. 

In the meantime, welcome and I hope we all have fun with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment