This was an odd weekend for me. I spent almost all weekend working on miniatures but I don't feel like I got a lot done.
Part of what I did was adjust some of my LED lights because I had some in bright white and some in warm white. So I got some of my antique white paint and covered the bright white LEDs with it. That gave them the same hue as the warm white LEDs.
Then I got started painting my lights.
I had a lamp from Jodi's Shapeways shop, and a hanging light fixture from Marion's. And I remembered lamps from growing up that were a mix of wood and brass.
It's not perfect but I'll work on it a bit more. I painted the hanging fixture a mix of browns and then added clear nail polish for shine.
I wanted a mix of geometric shapes in the house, so I'm playing with circles/spheres and hard angles.
I found some of my jewelry findings and glass globes. The jewelry findings were black so I added some gesso, repainted them black and added the same metallic brown to them.
I need to do something to the wires...maybe prime them and paint them?
I had some other globes with a cord net around them. They reminded me a bit of old net floats. They're larger than the other ones and since I have two I thought they'd look nice hanging on either side of the bed.
But that was as far as I got on the Loft.
I really didn't have a plan for the shop this weekend, so I decided I'd do something simple and paint the front. I like the blue but it definitely needs some weathering.
I think some watered down black paint, dripped down the front will make it more realistic looking. Victorian London had a ton of soot in the air so when it rained that would have coated the buildings.
I painted the dormer window frames out too.
When I got that done I decided to put the windows and interior framing in. I'm running out of my trim though so I need to order more before I can finish the front windows.
I like how it looks so far.
I put the doors in to test the fit and how they look with the trim around them. I need to sand the sides of the interior kickplates a bit because they impede the doors opening slightly but the look is very nice so far.
I think with some ageing on the storefront the doors will stand out a bit more.
I painted the base black but I think some brick will look better there. Or stone. The black doesn't look very real to me.
And I didn't post this because we started watching Game of Thrones (and having a drink to dull the angst of the episode) and I forgot to finish it before I went to bed.
I hope everyone had a good weekend and a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Including mine!